Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Miracles » A cut finger
A cut finger [message #3540] Mon, 14 March 2016 21:39 Go to previous message
R the younger is currently offline  R the younger
In July of 2011 I received the baptism of fire for the second time in my life. My life hasn't been the same since. That is not the subject of this post what is the focal point of this post is a beautiful and sacred experience to me.

It was less than a week following the baptism of fire. I was in my office on the computer, My wife was in the kitchen making dinner for the family. I heard her cry out in pain and came running to see what had happened. I found her balled up on the floor holding her hand. I knew right away that she had cut herself on the brand new knife I had recently bought her.

As any good husband would do I helped her wash the cut. As it was from a new knife, It was easy to see the cut was quite deep and bleed horribly. I had her hold it closed wrapped tightly in her hand while I got tape and gauze to badage the wound. We washed it again and wrapped her finger. We had both had worse injuries previously and I figured it would heal in time.

I started to walk away when I got a prompting to give her a blessing. I stopped and asked the Holy Ghost if I could heal her. The answer was perfectly clear, "That's what the priesthood is for." I immediately went back took her by the hand without word and led her to my office closing and locking the door. I know that protocol dictates I get a second elder and annoint prior to the blessing but God had just directed me by the spirit and I knew I was not to delay.

I placed my hands on her head and gave a very short blessing. My mind was filled with examples of Christs power and I shared a few examples of his grace in healing during his lifetime. I then commanded her to be healed. During the blessing, with eyes closed, I saw in vision the muscle and tissues of her finger rejoining and repairing themselves. I can not describe how powerfully I felt the spirit other than to say I pray daily to feel it in such abundance again.

Following the blessing she shared how she felt her finger coming back together and heal. While the bandage had blood, but there was no other sign she had been cut. As I write this a few years later, there was/is no scar or mark to show that she had been injured.

I have had other experiences healing and being healed but this one I hold closest to my heart as proof of a loving God and the power of our redeemer and his atonement.

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: The Miracle of Healing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:34:06 MDT 2024