Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Discuss Elliaison Books and Articles » The Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ » The Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Discuss points related to this chapter.)
Re: The Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ [message #609 is a reply to message #603] Tue, 03 July 2012 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Seeker is currently offline  Seeker
JulesGP,

Here are my thoughts in regards to your thoughts and questions:

[quote"JulesGP"]"Elliaison"
"The three principles of the Fullness of the Gospel are present in every sacrament meeting through the sacrament itself".

THAT is SO awesome to me! It's NO WONDER the Savior gave the Sacrament to us, and commanded that we do these things - so we are CONSTANTLY reminded of the FULLNESS as HE gave it to us![/quote]
I really liked this part too. Not knowing what the fulness of the Gospel is, I would have never realized that the sacrament taught all these principles. Even knowing what the fulness is, I might not have realized that this is what the sacrament was all about, teaching a "mini lesson". The whole thing rolled up unto 5-10 minutes every week! Genius!

"JulesGP"
So, can ANYTHING we need to repent of be done via the sacrament and coming to the Savior with a broken heart and a contrite spirit? Does a bishop need to be involved every time we repent? Is there a line drawn where sins on the left side of the line can be repented of on our own, and those on the right need to be taken to the bishop? I don't remember the Savior teaching to take our sins to church authorities, I only see him teaching to come to HIM with a broken heart and contrite spirit....?

This is a good question. I started a new topic to Discuss this called, "Clean Before God vs Clean Before the Church".
[quote"JulesGP"]Another question I have: So many times in the scriptures, we see the term (or something similar) "repent and be baptized for the remission of sins". Well in the early days of the church (I think Brigham Young started it...), people practiced re-baptism regularly. So is that something that was done in ancient times too? Do we need to be re-baptised for a remission of our sins, or is the Sacrament ordinance sufficient? (I don't mean after excommunication from the church, I mean as an ordinance to be washed clean of our sins.)[/quote]
I started a new topic to discuss this question called, "The Origins of Baptism".

~ Seeker

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: The Rock or Sure Foundation
Next Topic: The Fastest Way to Make Your Calling and Election Sure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 19:10:03 MDT 2024