Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Calling and Election Made Sure » The Fastest Way to Make Your Calling and Election Sure » The Fastest Way to Make Your Calling and Election Sure (Speaking from experience...)
Re: The Fastest Way to Make Your Calling and Election Sure [message #3465 is a reply to message #3464] Thu, 25 June 2015 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
bishop is currently offline  bishop
This post and my last two posts were copied from the LDS Freedom Forum site.So were most of Amonhi's posts above. At my request, Amonhi copied and pasted his posts from LDS Freedom Forum. I also copied and pasted my posts here. In that site, I am known as "Lee." I felt a need to place this information on this site where it is much more freely accepted by open-hearted and open-minded people and where it is much easier to find in a more clear and concise manner:

This discussion is very stimulating; I am sincerely enjoying the many reactions to Amonhi's introduction of the topic. I do not question anybody's sincerity on their posts. Each person is discussing what he/she genuinely believes from his/her personal knowledge and experience. I have learned from these many posts and thank you for your thoughtful input. I'd like to ask a question, perhaps a little negative [sorry about that], to provoke some more thought. The question is: Why do we, as a Church, teach that all men must come unto Christ and we labor diligently to bring them unto Christ and then when they do come unto Christ, in a very literal sense, we oftentimes roundly condemn them? This is a pattern in this forum and has been a pattern that I have observed in the Church for years. I know that fear that this person who claims CE is being deceived is one big reason they are condemned. This may be a valid concern, but must not be a fear spawned by a lack of faith-we should have faith that it is factually possible for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, as taught in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its scriptures, to lead us into the very presence of the Savior. I honestly believe all of those who have claimed, in this discussion, to have personally experienced the Savior's love in his very presence and/or have received a sure knowledge by the Holy Spirit of Promise that they will be exalted [CE]. I don't doubt that they have experienced what they say they have, and that, like Paul and Joseph Smith expressed, what other people say will not change the facts.

To further my previous reflection from the Book of Mormon that we are in a time when we are challenged to seek our CE, I refer you to two twentieth century prophets:

In our hymnal, Bruce R, McConkie strategically placed two notes, two challenges if you will accept them as such, for us to seek to receive our CE. Hymn # 21, verse 4:"Then heed the words of truth and light, That flow from fountains pure. Yea, keep His law with all thy might Till thine election's sure, Till thou shalt hear the holy voice Assure eternal reign, While joy and cheer attend the choice, As one who shall obtain." Hymn 134, verse 4: "I believe in Christ; he stands supreme! From him I'll gain my fondest dream; And while I strive through grief and pain, His voice is heard: 'Ye shall obtain.' I believe in Christ; so come what may, With him I'll stand in that great day When on this earth he comes again To rule among the sons of men."
Clearly, this is a specific call for us to rise to the level of faith to receive our calling and election made sure.

In Marion G. Romney's 1977 talk entitled "The Light of Christ," he challenges all of those present [general conference priesthood meeting] to receive the Holy Ghost in their daily lives and to further seek to receive their calling and election made sure. He closes with the following thought:"I know that everyone who, following the whisperings of the Spirit, develops faith, is baptized, and receives the Holy Ghost through the laying on of hands by those having authority, may, by compliance with the teachings of the gospel, receive the gifts and the power of the Holy Ghost. And I bear further witness that every such person who, having come this far, will follow the Prophet's admonition to 'continue to humble himself before God, hungering and thirsting after righteousness, and living by every word of God' (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 150), may obtain the more sure word of prophecy [CE].'"

I earnestly hope that [no matter what our level of knowledge or experience] we each come to a place of faith, wherein we individually can embrace the thought that it truly is possible for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, as taught today in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, to lead us, through personal revelation [as mentioned in so many posts], back into the Savior's presence.

Bishop

[Updated on: Thu, 25 June 2015 13:35]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message