Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Calling and Election Made Sure » The Fastest Way to Make Your Calling and Election Sure » The Fastest Way to Make Your Calling and Election Sure (Speaking from experience...)
Re: The Fastest Way to Make Your Calling and Election Sure [message #3455 is a reply to message #3454] Thu, 25 June 2015 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
"Rand"
Actually, I have been down this road a ways. No fear, no doubt, but my experience has been very different than what is recorded here. It feels unhealthy to me. I agree with Mark. I will continue on my path and not open myself up to influences that will deter me from my journey. God has spoken to me in ways unmistakeable, and they do not square with what I am seeing. I would say what has been shared is similar to scripture, not "constant", and certainly not "consistent".

Your experience is very valuable. Could you elaborate? (Or perhaps you have been forbin to discuss?)
I have not been forbidden to discuss. And I do not mean to take away from the incredible experience you have had. Just to point out that it as with ANY ordinance, must be sealed by the Holy Spirit of Promise to have "efficacy, virtue, or force in and after the resurrection from the dead".

The gift of the Holy Ghost can be given by the laying on of hands and commanding, "I say unto you, RECEIVE THE HOLY GHOST!" Not much symbolism there to trip on. It just says, receive it already! In a similar manor you might not have accepted it another way, but it doesn't mean the Gift of the Holy Ghost can't be received without the laying on of hands. The physical points to the spiritual but the spiritual IS the point and can be received without the physical. If it were not so, then all of the references in conference, scripture etc. would be wrong.

Here is another example of the Prophet declaring the same blessing on a group of people who were assembled,
"D&C 88:1-5"
Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you who have assembled yourselves together to receive his will concerning you:

Behold, this is pleasing unto your Lord, and the angels rejoice over you; the alms of your prayers have come up into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and are recorded in the book of the names of the sanctified, even them of the celestial world.

Wherefore, I now send upon you another Comforter, even upon you my friends, that it may abide in your hearts, even the Holy Spirit of promise; which other Comforter is the same that I promised unto my disciples, as is recorded in the testimony of John.

This Comforter is the promise which I give unto you of eternal life, even the glory of the celestial kingdom;

Which glory is that of the church of the Firstborn, even of God, the holiest of all, through Jesus Christ his Son--
Do you think he was wrong?

Would loved to have showed up to that meeting, am I right!?! But then again, if you were there, unless the the Holy Spirit of promise sealed it, it is of no effect in this life or the next. Hence the reason for understanding physical vs. Spiritual ordinances. This does not mean that a person cannot receive the spiritual at the time of the physical. Especially when it is so direct and specific, Like the receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost.

We can receive all the Blessings of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob, the Sealing power to bind & loose, curse & bless, power over life and death, Godhood and every other blessing God has for us directly from God, with or without a physical symbol/ordinance.

Do you see what I am saying?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message