Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Calling and Election Made Sure » The Fastest Way to Make Your Calling and Election Sure » The Fastest Way to Make Your Calling and Election Sure (Speaking from experience...)
Re: The Fastest Way to Make Your Calling and Election Sure [message #3454 is a reply to message #3453] Thu, 25 June 2015 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
"Original_Intent"
There are questions, though. Decades ago, I had an experience where I was repenting, and one night I had the most clear and distinct dream of meeting and embracing the Savior, and Him saying "Thy sins are forgiven." I was on my knees, embracing Him, and the sense of both joy and pure love there are not words to do it justice. The memory of that has remained with me throughout my life.

Wow! Thank you sooo much for sharing! It is difficult to describe to someone else the feeling of deep unconditional love and acceptance one feels in his presence. It changes you. Thank you for sharing this very special experience, I am truly honored to have heard it.

"Original_Intent"
I guess I expected something a little more literal and - I hate to say it, but "profound". But maybe I am just one of those people that are making it harder than it is.
most do. We get so used to elaborate ordinances that we expect the greatest ones to be even bigger than the others. It is in it's simplicity a glorious experience.

If you wouldn't mind, I would like to use you as a second witness here to dispel a theory that is taught around the church. Some have said that the most powerful witness and experience you can have comes from the Holy Ghost. Having experienced the witness of the Holy Ghost and also been in the presence of Christ myself, I know for certain that all experiences with the Holy Ghost, and even angels, as wonderful as they have been, are like the light of stars when compared with the experience of meeting the Savior which is more akin to the Sun at noon day. Would you agree?

"Mark"
If they were part of the 144,000 they would have to be translated beings.

Not sure why we would have to be translated. There are some who are preaching in the spirit world to the spirits and some on earth and some who do both. The majority of our, (my wife and I), work has been to the living. By small, weak and simple means does the Lord cause the great things to happen.
"Mark"
Once again I am uncomfortable with someone coming on an internet forum saying they are part of this glorious missionary force of hunters (Jeremiah 16:16) which is to happen at the time of the redemption of Zion prior to the second coming of the Lord. Lets just say I have a healthy dose of skepticism here. I will leave it at that.

Understandably, but you know, eventually someone has to do the job. If it wasn't me, you would be skeptical of some other smuck. I am not asking you to trust me on this. I am asking you to go to and trust the Lord. 3 simple questions, between you and God. And as Jospeh Smith learned, God will give "liberally, and upbraideth not".

The Lord can't come to the world until the prophecies are fulfilled and there are enough people to receive him. First to individuals, then small groups, then larger groups and finally to the world.

Now you pointed out Jeremiah 16:16. The fisher dangles the bait and waits for fish to smell it and come to it. The hunter is more aggressive and doesn't even use bait. Would you say I was more like a fisher or a hunter?

"katmr"
My understanding is that a second annointing is the ordinance for having your calling and election made sure and it is an ordinance performed in the temple, given only to married couples.

This is another physical symbol of a spiritual ordinance. Once again, it must be ratified by the spirit to have any effect after this life.

Also, consider the quote by President Romney in General Conference (Elliaison quote) given earlier. President Romney didn't mince words. Here you have a member of the First Presidency telling the church as a whole in GC how it happens and how to expect it, what to look for. He gave similar GC talks 3 times. There are more examples we can draw from as well.

Do you think President Romney was mislead? Or misleading the church?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message