Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Calling and Election Made Sure » The Fastest Way to Make Your Calling and Election Sure » The Fastest Way to Make Your Calling and Election Sure (Speaking from experience...)
The Fastest Way to Make Your Calling and Election Sure [message #3449] Thu, 25 June 2015 10:34 Go to previous message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
If you want to make your calling and Election sure, I highly recommend purchasing the book, "The Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ - Making Your Calling and Election Sure" by Elliaison - HERE. I personally know many people who have received their C&E as a result of reading and applying the information in that book. To quote the summary,
Quote:
This book discusses in detail and in length the "Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ" and includes the following concepts: The Gospel of Jesus Christ as taught by Jesus Christ, The Holy Ghost, Rock from which We Cannot Fall, Calling and Election Made Sure: Qualifications, Church accepted examples detailing; How they received it, Where they received it, Why and much more.
Using LDS accepted references we have shown as best we can, step by step and principle by principle the progression process, qualifications, and doctrines as well as the mode and manor by which these blessings are and have been received. We have provided several personal account examples from Scripture, Conference Talks and from Latter-day Church History showing in some cases the exact moment in which a person received the promise known as their "Calling & election Made Sure". We do so to attempt to illustrate the most common way this blessing is received, how it really happens and who is present. (Purchase includes 2 books, one for you and one to share.)

I am starting this thread by the request of Elliaison quoting a discussion I previously had. For brevity I will post my comments and answers to questions. My views do not necessarily reflect the views of Elliaison, however, they make a good starting point for discussion as I have answered and responded to almost every question that I have come across in relation to C&E. Feel free to discuss, question and even challenge any of the information I have presented. The goal is to bring all who will come to the Church of the firstborn.

I wanted to create this thread to discuss the mode and manner by which we can expect to gain our Calling and Election made sure, the Fastest way I know to get the blessing for yourself and the criteria you must meet to receive the blessing.

I expect that anyone who has studied the subject as theories regarding how it happens which might include secret temple ceremonies, introductions to Christ and the like. But, I would like to bring this down to earth and show you what I learned after receiving the promise for myself. Kind of a hindsight view of what really matters.

I will submit myself to be crucified as it were, for the benefit of those who who might gain the blessing for themselves through my sacrifice. (Nothing eternally lost, just pearls before swine, lol)

Studying and knowing about the doctrine of Calling & Election is like knowing and studying about the doctrine of baptism. Baptism requires very little information prior to accepting the ordinance. So much so is the case that an eight year old child is capable of receiving the ordinance and may yet spend much of its adult life studying and pondering the implications, meaning and experience of the ordinance. Such is the case with many of the ordinances in the church. And, such is the case with Calling & Election. We, (My wife and I), knew less about the topic than many of you do now when we first received it 11 years ago. And we know people who are well studied experts on the topic, (so they think), who have still not received it. Clearly knowledge about the topic has little bearing on whether we receive and accept the ordinance. So making it a gospel hobby is not a great use of anyone's time.

I would like to first express the most important information that I have regarding this topic.

The Fastest Way to get the Promise for Yourself:
It is so simple that nobody thinks of it, (You don't even have to wash in the river 7 times). However, we know many people who have received it this way... Here is how...

Set a date for when you will ask for it.
Prepare as you wish, (fast, study, pray for the spirit and angels to attend, put your name on the temple prayer roll, etc. even consider asking others to fast and pray for you).
On the date specified, in sincere prayer, open your heart completely to God. Trust in His judgment completely knowing that he is your Judge and not You.
Ask God the following questions:
1. Have I made my calling & Election sure? Wait for a response if you get a negative response, then ask...
2. May I have your promise, right now, that I will receive Exaltation & eternal Life? Wait for a response...
3. And only if you get a negative response ask the following...Who do I need to "become" to be worthy of the promise? Wait for a response...

That's it. (The Words are not that important, just guidelines...)

Few people ask for it in a way that they can receive the sealing promise or ratifying witness of the Holy Ghost. They ask for worthiness expecting that they aren't but will some day be. When the Holy Ghost, which is the testifier and Holy Spirit of Promise, testifies to you that you have the promise, then you've got it. He CAN NOT lie!
If you are still unsure, or want a reconfirmation, ask again as many times as you need.

The point of the questions is this...

Question 1: Clarification...
You may already have received the promise via a previous revelation and yet not have recognized it. I have come across this with 2 people who had received the promise but not recognized it because they were looking for the Prophet to call them to the temple. In fact, my wife received the promise a week before we received it together and she didn't recognize it. (I guess 3 people.) When we received the promise ourselves we couldn't believe it and had to study up on what just happened before we could fully embrace it. This first question is to ask if you already received it but didn't recognize it at the time. If you get a favorable response to this question, you don't need to ask further.

Question 2: Clarification...
You may not have already received the promise, but you might not have received the promise ONLY because you didn't ask for it...(You know, Ask and ye shall receive...) This is where you are asking for it now. Can I have your promise now? If you get a favorable response to this question, you don't need to ask further.

Question 3: Clarification...
In the event that you did not get a favorable response to the previous 2 questions, this question is because you don't presently qualify and you are asking for a personalized plan that you can follow to become qualified. My missionary friend who received his promise while on his mission asked this question during the evening around 7:00pm and had his promise and was visited by Christ before the night was over at about 1:00am.

Disclaimer: Results may vary. LOL

Let the discussion begin with that introduction...

[Updated on: Thu, 08 December 2016 10:30]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message