Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Discuss Elliaison Books and Articles » By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them » By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them (Discussion of the book.)
Re: By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them [message #2853 is a reply to message #88] Fri, 22 November 2013 21:02 Go to previous message
leejae is currently offline  leejae
So I know the Amonhi/Dragon discussion above was like, forever ago, but I was thinking something while I read it, thinking of the words love and hate in this instance. I was recalling D&C 50, and the scriptures there on receiving Spirits. Ya'll surely know more about this than me, but I wondered if we might consider that idea along with the direction against "railing accusation," and other scriptures that speak against "reviling."

The idea of having two masters, if we're talking about God and Satan, seems to suggest that the two masters would not give compatible orders - any commands by one would be diametrically opposed to commands by the other. Which "spirit" do we choose to receive? Could "loving" the one indicate receiving him, and "hating" the other mean not allowing place for him, refusing to hearken to his words, turning from him? The mention of the prodigal son brought that to mind as well. If we're talking about receiving vs. turning from, we're not necessarily talking about basic emotions - as much as perhaps choices and actions.

I have heard it said that the problem with concerning ourselves too much with evil spirits is that we tend to think we can relate to them, and we can't (-DS). I think that loving God and in turn "hating" the other that desires to be master means that "summary dismissal" (-DS) and refusing to allow his deceptions to enter our hearts is the best course of action. That doesn't really need to have anything to do with the actual emotion of hatred entering our hearts, which emotion is, as in scripture denouncing reviling and railing accusation...the adversary's domain, and may cause us to be "overcome", or "seized therewith".

[Updated on: Fri, 22 November 2013 21:12]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message