Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Discuss Elliaison Books and Articles » By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them » By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them (Discussion of the book.)
Re: By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them [message #2060 is a reply to message #88] Tue, 22 January 2013 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
My wife and I were discussing the use of the word 'enmity' as used between the seed of the woman and Satan.

We were wondering how Christ could hate even Lucifer, when Christ is the epitome of pure love? One answer came from looking up the word 'enmity' and discovering it has another meaning the fits the scripture very well.

Enmity also means "opposition." Christ certainly opposed Satan's designs and Satan opposes Christ's purposes. So I can feel comfortable with the thought that Christ does not feel loathing, despising, or hatred in His pure heart. But He certainly knows His role to provide the standard of Love and Purity, Faithfulness and Devotion, Obedience and Divine Submission, that Satan exists to oppose.

I like that meaning of the word 'enmity' -- opposition.

Ryan

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message