Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Discuss Elliaison Books and Articles » By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them » By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them (Discussion of the book.)
Re: By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them [message #1947 is a reply to message #88] Sun, 13 January 2013 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
Being a late comer here, there is much on this forum to catch up with, and I am slowly getting around to it. I have enjoyed reading this thread.

A big red flag was raised for me, however, when I read the suggestion we should love Satan. I understand the reason behind this (love your enemy) but this is a very dangerous course to follow. Satan is waiting for every opportunity to twist and turn our thoughts, words and actions against our proper progress. Someone who tries to love Satan could very, very easily be turned away from their path of eternal progression. I view the word "enemy" as in "love your enemy," as referring to mortals. When it comes to Satan, I feel the best course is to avoid him and not tempt him to take advantage of our well meaning attitude. There are those who want to pity Satan, to have compassion on him, who think he has been given a bum rap just for fulfilling his assigned, eternal role. This is dangerous. The best course for us to follow during mortality is to love the Lord our God with all of our heart, might, mind, and soul. This does not leave much room for loving Satan. There may come a time when we have progressed enough that it may be given us to feel something other than enmity for Satan, but I doubt that time will occur during any of our mortal probation.

Ryan

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message