Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Discuss Elliaison Books and Articles » By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them » By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them (Discussion of the book.)
Re: By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them [message #1904 is a reply to message #1902] Thu, 10 January 2013 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JulesGP

brrgilbert wrote on Thu, 10 January 2013 15:46
(Exodus 20:3-6.)

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

(Exodus 34:14.)

14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

(Deuteronomy 4:24.)

24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

(Nahum 1:2.)

2 God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.

(Mosiah 11:22-23.)

22 And it shall come to pass that they shall know that I am the Lord their God, and am a jealous God, visiting the iniquities of my people.
23 And it shall come to pass that except this people repent and turn unto the Lord their God, they shall be brought into bondage; and none shall deliver them, except it be the Lord the Almighty God.

jeal·ous
[jel-uh s] Show IPA
adjective
feeling resentment against someone because of that person's rivalry, success, or advantages (often followed by of ): He was jealous of his rich brother.
feeling resentment because of another's success, advantage, etc. (often followed by of ): He was jealous of his brother's wealth.
characterized by or proceeding from suspicious fears or envious resentment: a jealous rage; jealous intrigues.
inclined to or troubled by suspicions or fears of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims: a jealous husband.
solicitous or vigilant in maintaining or guarding something: The American people are jealous of their freedom.
Bible. intolerant of unfaithfulness or rivalry: The Lord is a jealous God.

~Jules

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message