Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Discuss Elliaison Books and Articles » By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them » By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them (Discussion of the book.)
Re: By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them [message #124 is a reply to message #121] Sat, 10 July 2010 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Okay. One question at a time without reading ahead. Here are my responses:

1. Non-active hatred. This means we do not let our thoughts dwell on Satan. We do not devise schemes to thwart the plans of Satan unless directed by the Holy Ghost to take specific action through love. Active hatred allows the hate to build within us and consume us, even if it is hatred of evil. The non-active hatred is an emotion we feel when confronted with a choice between good and evil. We would hate to do the evil, we would hate to be associated with an evil organization. So we turn away from it and move on. We don't dwell on the hate.

2. If we do not act on the hatred, do not give it room in our hearts, it gains no power. It remains at a low level of interaction with our lives, but remains as a warning against evil.

3. There is a form of love I have for all mankind. I certainly don't follow the general consensus of the world for most aspects of my life.

4. Borrowing from a quick Google search,
Quote:
According to Strong's, the Greek word used here, "agapao," means to love in a social or moral sense.

This is definitely different from the form of love we should have for God which is different than the love we should have for our spouse. The English language is so tricky and slippery sometimes.
Another quick Google search gives the following:
Quote:
Agape is the Greek word for the love that God is self-sacrificing love

I don't know of myself if Agapao and Agape are different words in the Greek or different forms of the same word. What I do know is there are definitely different kinds of love being discussed here. One is a social kind of love. The idea that I love the Plan of Salvation and Satan is part of that plan. Therefore I have a social or non-specific love for his role in God's plan. I will not, however, give anything to Satan. Not even a portion of my heart over to hating him. The emotion will come and then go when it has done its job of directing me away from Satan's paths.

5. I would say yes.
Quote:
Vice is a monster so frightful mien, As to be hated needs but to be seen; Yet too oft, familiar with her face, We first endure, then pity, then embrace.
- Alexander Pope

6. Satan is the father of lies. He is a master at twisting the truth, concealing the greater truth, and distorting perception through miscommunication, prejudice, and lies. It is natural to let the enmity build within us. There is a rush to hating something we KNOW to be evil. If we give too much room in our hearts, this enmity will overwhelm us, just as any natural emotion can if allowed to grow too large and push out the other emotions.

7. In order for the Millennium of Peace to begin, all those who fornicate, commit adultery, kill, bear false witness, or break any of the other ten commandments must perish by the sword of their fellow sinners. This concept could easily be twisted into preaching that we must slay all those of other religions. That would be allowing the enmity to reign with blood and horror. Those who will live during the Millennium of Peace must live the Telestial Laws. They must have room in their hearts for the Holy Ghost. When everyone on the Earth is living the Telestial laws, peace will reign. Wars will cease. Governments will be almost unnecessary.

I feel the need to point out the statement which sparked this debate was too brief in explanation for the common consumption. I will concede we must have the same love for Satan which we do for the people of the world we have not met. He is a vital part of the plan of Salvation. I would not invite him over for supper, or give him the shirt off my back, but I will not fill my life with hatred of him.

- Dragon

- Dragon

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message