Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Discuss Elliaison Books and Articles » By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them » By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them (Discussion of the book.)
Re: By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them [message #106 is a reply to message #103] Sun, 04 July 2010 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Amonhi,
I have agreed with most of the things I have heard from you in the past. This time, I cannot fathom it. I have made the attempt to look past my own experiences and try to accept a new truth. I don't see a new truth in what you are saying with regard to loving Satan. First of all, I want to show the definition of enmity, even though we both agree on what that is.
Quote:
en·mi·ty (ěn'mĭ-tē)
n. pl. en·mi·ties
Deep-seated, often mutual hatred.

This mutual hatred was put in place by God to prevent Satan and his followers from taking over our bodies. It is a necessary part of God's plan.

I have heard the argument in the past that we should love Satan in order to better serve God. This is a very dangerous notion on a slippery slope we don't need to go down. As I indicated, a good man will not propagate the hate. I am not speaking of the hatred which comes from frustration when someone or something refused to bend to our will. Sadly our English language does not readily distinguish between that form of hatred and the kind of hatred which pushes us away from evil. It is possible to hate Satan in a non active way. Rather than being proactive with our hatred, seeking to destroy that which we believe is evil, we focus our attention on the good and on love. This does NOT mean we love Satan. To do so would give place for him in our hearts. To love God and love Satan is to serve two masters. You cannot do it. For how can you show love for someone if you do not follow them?
Quote:
John 14:15 If ye love Me, keep My commandments.

If you love Satan, follow his teachings. Love is more than an emotion. It requires action, just as faith does. Without action, the emotion of love grows cold and dies.

Dragon

- Dragon

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message