Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The light of Christ, Intelligence and the Priesthood (Answering a question from a friend)
The light of Christ, Intelligence and the Priesthood [message #2744] Wed, 18 September 2013 13:29 Go to previous message
Seeker is currently offline  Seeker
I had a private conversation with Claymore. I really liked the way that my response came together and wanted to share it with the group in hopes that it will be of use to others. Claymore asked,
Quote:
"The light I refer to is the spiritual light given to us. It is a little abstract to me and therefore I have a hard time comprehending what it is. I know light with truth is intelligence. I'm just trying to understand what The Lord is trying to teach concerning these things. Last night I had a visual symbol of the moon come to me concerning light. We gain or lose light based upon our faithfulness to the truths we are taught. So does the moon waxes or wanes in light until it is full or devoid of light. There is no standing still. The increase or decrease in light is so subtle that it is barely noticed. So it is with us. I wonder if light has to do with aura or glory of a person. I also wonder if it is related to the Spirit's ability to communicate with us and our ability to comprehend the mysteries of God. Our mind and spirit become enlarged and enlighten based on our faithfulness to the truths learned and applied. Thought?"

Consider the following:
Quote:
Doctrine and Covenants 84:45
45 For the word of the Lord is truth, and whatsoever is truth is light, and whatsoever is light is Spirit, even the Spirit of Jesus Christ.

This light is called the Light of Christ, the light of truth, the spirit of Jesus, AND INTELLIGENCE.

The Light which you are talking about is both physical and spiritual in nature. Physical meaning you can touch/see/taste/etc it. Spiritual meaning things that can't be touched like knowledge, truth, etc.

The light is actually intellegence. Man is the organization of intelligence or light.
Quote:
Doctrine and Covenants 93:29
29 Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.

Physically this light is photons. Photons gain energy/mass which makes them heavier or more dense and also makes them act differently. The unorganized light spans the entire electromagnetic spectrum and includes magnetic waves at the far left end, heat, radio waves as well as light waves, microwaves, and finally gamma waves at the far right end. This light fills the immensity of space.
Quote:
Doctrine and Covenants 88:12
12 Which light proceedeth forth from the presence of God to fill the immensity of space--

We are, were and always will be light or intelligence. But then we were organized into matter in proportion to the equation Einstein discovered, E=MC2.

E= light unorganized M= light organized C=the constant which is the speed of light and 2= squared because the light is traveling in a circle when it becomes organized/focused.

All matter is made of light/photons carrying energy/mass.

Science has not fully accepted/discovered this yet. But it really is obvious, even without revelation. For example, if you take matter apart like in an atom bomb, you get light/energy across the entire electromagnetic spectrum. You can also take light and convert it into matter. I have done this at home in which I converted a wave length of light into electrons. It is the same process by which plants take light and convert it into electrons to perform photosynthesis. (Science is still trying to figure that out. Revelation is pretty cool because you can learn anything without relying on mortal teachers and the current knowledge available to the world.)

The point is that everything you can see, touch, taste, smell, etc. in the physical world is made of light that is organized into complex arrangements. Now there are multiple levels of organized light. For example dirt and rocks are lower levels. Trees and plants are higher levels animals are even higher levels. Essentially, the more capable a life form is, the more intelligent it is. Man is the most capable intelligence on the planet, (that we know of), so it is the most intelligent. God is the most capable being in the universe and so He/She is the most intelligent.
Quote:
Doctrine and Covenants 88:13
The light which is in all things, which giveth life to all things, which is the law by which all things are governed, even the power of God who sitteth upon his throne, who is in the bosom of eternity, who is in the midst of all things.

It is in all things, because it makes up all things. It is the life of all things, because the higher evolved intelligences that govern the lower evolved intelligences which are organized into the life form give it life. and it governs all things including the power of God as will be explained below...

Intelligences are organized into spirit bodies made of governing intelligences which are highly evolved. Then the spirit body is given gross matter made of less evolved intelligences which the higher intelligences govern/guide. Kind of like how God governs/guides us.

We are essentially Gods over the intelligences in our bodies. For example, the intelligences that make up your heart cells look at the governing intelligences of the heart as Gods. The the Governing intelligences of the heart look at you, the governing intelligence of the body as a God.

Rather than tell you where YOU are, in your body, meaning where YOU the governing intelligence of the body is, your consciousness, why don't you try to find it? I'll give you a hint, YOU aren't in your foot. Where is your I AM? Not in your hand. Try to point to part of your body and ask yourself if YOU, (the smallest thing that makes you still YOU), is above or below that point. Is it to the left or to the right of that point? Is it on the outside near the skin or deeper in? How far in? See if you can find you. Try pointing at it from different angles, from front sides and back. Try to find yourself. LOL

It's a fun exercise I think let me know where you think you are. I will tell you where YOU are later.

Claymore said,
Quote:
"I'm just trying to understand what The Lord is trying to teach concerning these things. Last night I had a visual symbol of the moon come to me concerning light. We gain or lose light based upon our faithfulness to the truths we are taught. So does the moon waxes or wanes in light until it is full or devoid of light. There is no standing still. The increase or decrease in light is so subtle that it is barely noticed. So it is with us. I wonder if light has to do with aura or glory of a person."

The most basic and powerful desire of an intelligence is to progress. (Video games create a false sense of progression and so they are very addicting to intelligences.) Light is intelligence. Just as you look to God to help you to progress and grow, so do other intelligences look to you to help them gain greater insight, understanding and knowledge. When YOU, (I AM), learn something by the spirit, the spirit literally writes the information on every fiber of your being. In other words, it teaches you and your spirit which governs the lower intelligences in turn teaches them. The whole organization of intelligence grows and becomes more aligned with light and truth. In doing so, it gains more respect from the intelligences that make everything up.
Quote:
Doctrine and Covenants 93:36
The glory of God is intelligence, or, in other words, light and truth.

Righteousness is measured by how well we align with truth or ultimately the principles by which intelligences are amendable. Truth is things as they were, are and will be. When you align with truth, then other intelligences respect and honor you more. The more they respect and honor you, the more they are willing to be governed by you. If they are governed by you, then they have by choice given you power, just like we give power to our earthly governments and our earthly governments can tell us to go to war or to build roads and cities. If we stopped honoring our government we would not allow it to tell us what to do. Without followers, the government can't declare a war, collect taxes, enforce laws, or accomplish anything. So to with us. We are trying to gain supporters, intelligences that support us. If we rule like selfish tyrants then the intelligences will rebel and run away from us, unless they too subscribe to the principles of darkness and see a means by which they too will gain power over others. If we align with true principles, then the intelligences will flock to us by their own free will and support us because they see in us a means whereby they can flourish/grow themselves, and they like us are willing to put off our own desires when they conflict with truth righteous principles.

Look how Satan tried to take God's honor which is his power:
Quote:
Doctrine and Covenants 29:36
36 And it came to pass that Adam, being tempted of the devil-- for, behold, the devil was before Adam, for he rebelled against me, saying, Give me thine honor, which is my power; and also a third part of the hosts of heaven turned he away from me because of their agency;

The third part of heaven, (intelligences), followed and honored the devil and the devil has power because of them. He has half the power of God because 1/3 of heaven followed/honored/supported Satan and 2/3 of heaven followed/honored/supported God. That's a pretty big deal!

Anyway, there are two ways to gain glory, honor and power. Satan's way is by lies, force, manipulation, fear, threats, etc. God's way is by honesty, acceptance, forgiveness, persuasion, long-suffering, gentleness, love unfeigned, etc. We gain glory and honor and power by picking a side and mastering the principles of the side. The problem is that ultimately, the dark forces for gaining power will always result in rebellion as the intelligences at the bottom seek freedom to govern themselves. So by using the dark side of the force, you have to constantly fight to maintain your power and influence over other intelligences. You can't just say, "Because I am the Priesthood/Government leader" you have to enforce your power which turns your subjects against you.
Quote:
D&C 121:41-42
No power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood, only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned; By kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile--

The light side of the force allows for agency and free will and your power flows to you eternally because the intelligences that honor you have placed their trust in you without compulsion. They know that you will protect their freedoms, even when they choose to go against you. They know that you are not seeking self gratification at the expense of others and that you are willing to do what is right, even if it negatively affects you and your goals.

Quote:
D&C 121: 36-37
That the rights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven, and that the powers of heaven, (resulting from being honored by the intelligences), cannot be controlled nor handled only upon the principles of righteousness.

37 That they may be conferred upon us, it is true; but when we undertake to cover our sins, or to gratify our pride, our vain ambition, or to exercise control or dominion or compulsion upon the souls of the children of men, in any degree of unrighteousness, behold, the heavens withdraw themselves; the Spirit of the Lord, (light of Christ which is the entire conglomeration of intelligences), is grieved; and when it is withdrawn, Amen to the priesthood or the authority of that man.

So, in summary, light = intelligences which are trying to progress. They honor and glorify you based on your righteousness if you are gaining power through righteous means or they honor and glorify you based on threat/rewards if you are gaining power using wicked means, (ruling like a tyrant, terrorist or mobster). One way power flows to you and the other way you have to constantly fight to gain and maintain it.

Assuming that we are gaining power via the the light side of the force, the more we understand and live righteously, the more glory, honor and power we gain. We can live righteously only as well as we can understand and gain principles of intelligence/light/truth. This means that we need to learn the principles by which the intelligences are amendable. These principles are call "Truth".

~ Seeker

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message