Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The Words of Christ
The Words of Christ [message #2601] Tue, 09 July 2013 20:58 Go to previous message
janderich is currently offline  janderich
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum but have appreciated the frank and open discussions about spiritual matters. Recently the Spirit has been speaking regularly and plainly to my mind. I have marveled at this process. In most cases the words of the Spirit are filled with scriptural phrases. This has been so much the case that I have wondered if Nephi's words were more to the point than I had initially thought. He says, "Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do" (2 Ne 32:3). Has anyone found that the words spoken by the Spirit or by angels are in large measure phrases and words from the scriptures? If so, why do you think this is the case?

[Updated on: Tue, 09 July 2013 20:59]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Be ye therefore perfect
Next Topic: The light of Christ, Intelligence and the Priesthood
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 19:32:49 MDT 2024