Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » Judas - a Son of Perdition, or not?
Judas - a Son of Perdition, or not? [message #2479] Tue, 21 May 2013 14:31 Go to previous message
JulesGP

I've seen back and forth discussion on whether or not Judas became a Son of Perdition when he betrayed Christ, and handed him over to be killed. He would have to have accepted his Calling and Election when it was offered to him individually, and confirmed by the Holy Spirit of Promise - as just walking and talking with the mortal Christ would not have qualified him for that (otherwise everyone Christ came into contact with during his lifetime would have automatically become a member of the CoFB). I came across this scripture that seems to confirm, that Judas KNEW that he had become a SOP.

Quote:
3 ¶Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.

5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

What say ye?

~Jules

[Updated on: Tue, 21 May 2013 14:32]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Upcoming Events - World War III