Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Calling and Election Made Sure » How You Received Your Calling and Election Made Sure » Have I received my C&E? (Calling & election)
Have I received my C&E? [message #2414] Fri, 03 May 2013 12:56 Go to previous message
joheri is currently offline  joheri
Hello!

I was introduced to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints when I was 19 years old. During my investigator period I had a profound experience which has meant a lot for me since. I have never thought of this as a sign of my C&E, but now I am starting to feel that maybe that was exactly what it was. All this happened a couple of weeks before I was even baptized. I lived alone at that time, and I was reading the BoM from the beginning. When I came to 2. Nephi chapter 9 I experienced what was the defining factor for me and my testimony. You may have heard other accounts from people experiencing near death experiences, when they see their life passing before their eyes. My experience was very similar. While I was reading I felt a tremendous mental pain and I fell down on my knees and cried like a baby for at least 10 minutes, non stop. I felt deep sorrow for all the bad things I had done and all the bad things I had experienced through other people's actions towards me. After this, a feeling of intense joy filled my whole body and I knew right there that I was forgiven and that my redeemer lives. It was truly a baptism by fire.

I feel so close to Christ and long to live the law of the gospel rather than the letter of the law, if you know what I mean. I have come to know that the Church is a vehicle to bring members to Christ, but I am sad to see that for most members, the Church seems to be the goal or end station. Like there is nothing more. I always feel kinda sad for not being able to share some of the things God has let me know because most members will not understand or will shun you for sharing something that has not come from "the brethren".

Often, when I read other accounts on this forum and others, from people who have received their C&E, I feel so connected. So, like my initial question, could this experience be an evidence to my C&E, even though I haven't seen Christ face to face?

- Joheri -

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to Know if You Have YOUR C&E Made Sure
Next Topic: Inheriting all that the Father has
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 22:11:59 MDT 2024