Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The Pre-Mortal Council's Agenda (Lucifer's Contribution)
The Pre-Mortal Council's Agenda [message #2353] Sun, 31 March 2013 15:52 Go to previous message
brrgilbert is currently offline  brrgilbert
As I was meditating during the Easter Sunday's Testimony Meeting, the Spirit came very strongly to me and revealed something that I had not before understood about the Pre-Mortal Council. It was made clear to me that Heavenly Father presented His plan relative to all of us receiving bodies. Therein, He described that many would sin and fall short in returning to His presence. Further, He explained that it was necessary for a Redeemer to be chosen who would come to earth and sacrifice or atone by shedding his (necessarily a Priesthood holder's) blood and give his life to satisfy and appease the demands of justice for our sins. At this juncture the Father asked (as we know,) "Whom shall I send." Jehovah stood because of His great love, and said that He would volunteer to be that Redeemer. Lucifer stood forth and presented an alternate plan, being another Son of the Morning, (perhaps a twin or elder brother??) saying that he could do it without having to pay the price of other's sins or shed his own blood by forcing everyone to be good; thereby, avoiding the penalties of justice and negating our free agency. As we are told, he wanted the glory without the penalty. It is no wonder that we shouted for joy when our Savior stepped forward and said, (as He would say in mortality,) "Not my will, but thine be done [Father.]" The Father responded, "I will send the first." Lucifer fell and revolted, in my opinion, 1.) out of fear in paying the price; meeting the requirements and 2.) out of jealousy for the Savior. It is apparent that Lucifer "lived" for the briefest of eternal moments in addressing the council, but that he became the "devil" ("lived" spelled backwards)when his popularity and plan failed. He did attain some success, as we definitely know, during his campaign causing others who, also, lived in that first estate to suffer spiritual death; forfeiting their chances for a second estate. We find him next in the Garden of Eden attempting to thwart the Father's plan in my opinion by, (as he supposed,) prematurely giving Adam and Eve knowledge of good and evil, to be followed by their premature immortality in partaking of the tree of life. His attempt was interrupted by the presence of Heavenly Father and the Cherubim guarding the way to the tree of life with a flaming sword.

"I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."

The Little Prince by St. Exupery

[Updated on: Sun, 31 March 2013 16:00]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: What Books Should be Studied as Scripture?
Next Topic: The Sabbath and The Lord's Day
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 22:44:53 MDT 2024