Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » Spiritual Ordinances without Physical Ordinances (Listing examples of God performing his own ordinances...)
Spiritual Ordinances without Physical Ordinances [message #2258] Fri, 01 March 2013 09:13 Go to previous message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
Let's make a list of people receiving blessings and spiritual ordinances without physical ones. For example:

1 - The apostles in the old testament did received the Gift of the Holy Ghost without the laying on of hands? See Acts 2

2 - So did the gentiles who accepted the gospel. They weren't even baptized yet and they had received the gift of the Holy Ghost "as well as we" (Peter speaking). - Acts 10:44-47

3 - So did the disciples in the book of Mormon - 3 Nephi 19:13 (Christ specifically said that the 12 disciples would baptize with water but then added that he himself would baptize with the Holy Ghost and with fire.)

Quote:

And it came to pass that when Jesus had spoken these words unto Nephi, and to those who had been called, (now the number of them who had been called, and received power and authority to baptize, was twelve) and behold, he stretched forth his hand unto the multitude, and cried unto them, saying: Blessed are ye if ye shall give heed unto the words of these twelve whom I have chosen from among you to minister unto you, and to be your servants; and unto them I have given power that they may baptize you with water; and after that ye are baptized with water, behold, I will baptize you with fire and with the Holy Ghost; therefore blessed are ye if ye shall believe in me and be baptized, after that ye have seen me and know that I am." - 3Ne. 12:1

And so it was. Here is one of a number of similar examples...
Quote:

13 And it came to pass when they were all baptized and had come up out of the water, the Holy Ghost did fall upon them, and they were filled with the Holy Ghost and with fire. - 3Ne. 19:13

3 - Nephi received the Sealing Power by the voice of the Lord. God spoke and it was. - Hel. 10, the whole chapter

4 - Lamoni and his wife were "redeemed" and brought back into the presence of the Lord without so much as being baptized - Alma 19: 12-13 & 29

5 - Simeon had received the gift of the Holy Ghost before the people had been given the Mel. Priesthood which gives the Holy Ghost by the Laying on of Hands. And the Holy Ghost was his guide and brought him to the temple and showed him the Christ.
Quote:
25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,... - Luke 2:25-27

Can you add to this list? Can we get to a hundred?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: The light of Christ, Intelligence and the Priesthood
Next Topic: The remission of Sins does not require baptism