Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » Recognizing Christ... (Would you recognize him if your were there? How?)
Recognizing Christ... [message #2255] Fri, 01 March 2013 08:10 Go to previous message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
When Christ came on earth as a man, some recognized him and some didn't.

Some saw him and declared that they could die happily because they have seen the Lord. Some saw him and called him a drunk.

At the end of his life, there were a number of reactions to him, including:
- Some were willing to fight and die for him
- Some cried for him as he hung on the cross
- Some drove the nails into his hands and wrists
- The majority of the people shouted, "Crucify Him"

I have wondered, "Which of these roles would I have played if I were living among the Jews during this time?" And even more importantly, "How could I be sure that I did recognize him when everyone else didn't?"

I submit that if he appeared today, as he did back then and taught today the way he taught back then, many people would not recognize him.

I encourage everyone to learn those principles, philosophies and doctrines that would ensure us that if we lived back then as a Jew that we would have been one of those that recognized him. I encourage everyone to live those principles so that we can recognize him today.

I have given a lot of though to this topic and in the process I have been taught some of the Principles of Peace which are known and understood by the people under Melchizedek and the City of Enoch and the people of Zion whenever they have been on the earth.

So I wanted to start this thread to discuss how they and we would recognize the Savior if we had lived back then...

And, if we did not recognize the Savior, "How could we ensure that we were not driving the nails or supporting his unjust crucifixion and murder?"

Confused :-\
Amonhi

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Necessary for Calling & Election/ 2nd comforter?
Next Topic: Q&A about the 144,000
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 08:26:24 MDT 2024