Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » Current Church Doctrine » Calling and Election vs. Calling and Election Sure
icon11.gif  Calling and Election vs. Calling and Election Sure [message #2180] Mon, 04 February 2013 18:19 Go to previous message
scootd28 is currently offline  scootd28
I recently read the book "Obtaining your Calling and Election" by the Clawsons. Some of you might have read it. There was nothing new in it except the concept that one can receive their calling and election through the spirit, signifying that one's life is worthy of the celestial kingdom, but to have that calling and election made "sure" required the second anointing. I thought, "Well, now that's interesting - that could resolve the conflict that I'm still trying to resolve between those who say it requires the hands-on temple ordinance and those who say it doesn't." So, like a good little COFB member, I got on my knees and prayed, asking if such was the case with me, that I had simply received my C&E but it hadn't been made sure. I wasn't there very long - not even 2 minutes - when the answer came as clearly as anything ever has....."Nope - your C&E has been made SURE".

I still struggle with this a little - but I have received so many very patient confirmations (because He knows my heart is pure) - that I have to conclude that those who say that it requires a temple ordinance are somehow wrong. Hope this isn't such a stale topic that nobody's interested in addressing it. I'd love to hear other takes on it.

Men are that they might have joy.

Read Message icon11.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Sustaining our Leaders, according to scripture...
Next Topic: The Final Battle after the Millennium
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:51:49 MDT 2024