Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Calling and Election Made Sure » How You Received Your Calling and Election Made Sure » When did I know? (Experiences of Dragon in receiving My Calling and Election Made Sure)
Re: When did I know? [message #1200 is a reply to message #1199] Fri, 05 October 2012 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
At the time of the experience, I was experimenting with spirituality. That is to say, I believed strongly enough to separate my spirit from my body at will, without any idea how dangerous it can be. It is for this cause the angel came, so that I might discuss things with Jesus in the Celestial Kingdom. There were other things which my spirit tells me I can do, but the time for such things has not yet come. Thus, I swore with an oath I cannot break not to do those things which were dangerous for me.

What's more, being only 12 years old, I can imagine it would have caused a problem if a 12 year old started telling people he had seen the Savior. Sure, we all know Joseph Smith saw Him at 14, and Nephi about the same age, as well as Mormon, Jacob (the brother of Nephi), etc... but the Church Culture still frowns on such things. Kind of weird, I know. I had enough knowledge I was left with to guide me on the path until I needed to know more. I was given the gift of the Second Comforter without understanding how special it really is. So, while I enjoyed some of the blessings of the C&E, I could not recall the experience in my youth.

As a side note, when I was 24 I saw a vision of the rest of my life. I used it to guide my life to a new path. The vision was once more clouded from my mind, so I could enjoy those next six years. It would be a horrible thing to marry someone, knowing they would not live much longer. I thank God for not letting me remember that vision until after the death of my first wife.

- Dragon

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: My Very Brief Story
Next Topic: scripture references of experiences of others having their C&E made
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 19:58:50 MDT 2024