Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Helping Others » Get Involved in a Good Cause » Wondering, Suffering, Pleading, Praying, Waiting
Wondering, Suffering, Pleading, Praying, Waiting [message #1821] Wed, 02 January 2013 16:32 Go to previous message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
My wife always chokes up during the part of the song "I Believe in Christ" where it says "Ye shall obtain." She says every time we sing that, the Spirit tells her that she "shall obtain." I suggested to her that is an indication that her calling and election has been made sure. She is waiting for something else more spectacular than that. I'm not sure what to think. I am also praying and working towards having my own experience.

We have been drawn towards this topic ever since we heard Denver Snuffer speak at a meeting. Since then we have purchased and read a number of books that fueled our interest even more. Then we started praying that we could be prepared and guided to have our own experience with Christ.

In November, 2011, our world fell in on us. I was accused of some heinous crimes and was immediately ostracized from all church contact and activity. My Stake President and Bishop turned on me, choosing to believe the accuser without even caring that I am innocent. My Stake President told me I should not fight the charges, that he expected me to "be a man" and just go quietly to prison and spare the church the publicity of a trial. I told him I could not lie about this and throw my life away, and so I would have my day in court. He told me he did not want me to set foot in any LDS church and he suspended all of my church service, including home teaching. One of the families I home taught later said they missed me, because I was the only one who has ever visited them every month. My wife has continued to serve as a temple worker without me. I am sick at heart, with my trial approaching the end of this month, January, and my not knowing if the untruths behind the accusations will be made to sound so convincing by overzealous police and prosecutors, despite the impossibility of the claims, that the judge might not believe I am innocent and send me to prison for twenty years. I am 60 years old. My wife has Multiple Sclerosis and cannot work. We don't know what will happen to either of us. I have prayed and plead with Heavenly Father to remove this ordeal but it is still going forward. We truly are at the point where we can only leave it up to the Lord and trust He can get us through this.

Meanwhile, our family and friends are keeping us and our problems in their purpose and prayers this Fast Sunday. I invite others to join in who feel inclined to also do so this Sunday, with our appreciation.

Ryan

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message