Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Testimonies You Have Gained and How You Gained Them » My Testimony of My Marriage
My Testimony of My Marriage [message #1790] Sun, 30 December 2012 14:46 Go to previous message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
I met my wife to be about 10 months before I left on my mission. We had received a number of spiritual promptings that we were to be married. When it came time for me to leave, I told her she did not have to wait for me if she felt strongly about someone else. She promised me she would not marry anyone else while I was on my mission, and we would see how things went when I got back home.

About half way through my mission, I received a letter from her one day in which she mentioned another guy she had been dating fairly regularly. It was about as close to being a "Dear John" letter as it could be without quite saying so. I was upset when I got it and turned to the Lord in prayer, pleading with him to know if she was "the one" and should we get married after my mission?

The feeling I got after praying was one of a rebuke! The Spirit said to me very plainly, "I have already given you the answer to this question a long time ago. Don't worry about it. You are to focus on your missionary labors now!"

Thanks to a strong mother-in-law to be who really liked me, she was able to step in and prevent my wife to be from getting too involved with anyone else until I returned home from my mission.

My wife and I were married about two months after I returned home from my mission. Worst decision of my life! Why I foolishly wasted two whole months is beyond me!

Ryan

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: My Witness of the Atonenment
Next Topic: Turning of Hearts to Fathers
Goto Forum: