Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Scripture Discussion » The Holy Bible » 1 Corinthians 11:1-15 (Discuss verses 1-15)
Re: 1 Corinthians 11:1-15 [message #2044 is a reply to message #1748] Sun, 20 January 2013 23:43 Go to previous message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
One of our favorite speakers is Richard Holzapfel. He pointed out one time that wherever the Gospel of Jesus Christ has existed on the earth, the role and esteem towards women in society has been elevated. And whenever apostasy has reigned, the role and esteem towards women has deteriorated. He gave as an example the tender regard Christ showed for women in his dealings and in his teachings -- He went completely against society's norms for their day. The Book of Mormon shows some stark contrasts between how Godly people behaved towards women and how the wicked did. Joseph Smith raised women up to equal standing with men. Many early church members thought there was no place for women in the temples of God. Joseph taught them otherwise!

One of my personal litmus tests on how godly I think I might be is how do I treat my wife? An even better test is how do I talk about my wife behind her back??

Ryan

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 1 Kings 17
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 01:26:56 MDT 2024