Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Scripture Discussion » The Holy Bible » 1 Corinthians 11:1-15 (Discuss verses 1-15)
Re: 1 Corinthians 11:1-15 [message #1880 is a reply to message #1748] Mon, 07 January 2013 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
iWitness
Amonhi,

I haven't read anything written by you so far that hasn't been ratified by the Holy Ghost to me.

Equality between men and women needs to be talked about more...MUCH more.

At a funeral of a man not long ago, the bishop brought in to his talk how women needed men because they were a weaker vessel, quoting scripture.
Here's his grieving wife, heartbroken(her husband died of cancer), and this bishop is not consoling, but opening a wound by wresting the scriptures. I was appalled.

I come from a line of intelligent strong women. Sarah Goode Marshall is my 4xgreat grandmother. My grandmother was an anesthesiologist which was frowned upon in her day. My great-grandmother was a tom-boy. I come from a line of women who knew. They knew that men and women were equals and they didn't put up with sexism. As their proud granddaughter, I do not put up with sexism.

On the other side of the spectrum, I spent a lot of time on FMH website a few years ago, and I found lots of bitterness and rage there. I feel like we need more Amonhi's in the church setting the record STRAIT for women. We need men who are decent enough to stop the generalizations. We need men who are decent enough to stop using the priesthood to exercise unrighteous dominion. I can't STAND generalizations! I've met men who are feminine and women who are masculine. There's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with that. We are all different and give beauty and variety to the face of the earth no matter our sex, color, or religion.

All truth will eventually be circumscribed into one great whole.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this post.

-iWitness

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 1 Kings 17
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 12:47:08 MDT 2024