Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Scripture Discussion » The Holy Bible » 1 Corinthians 11:1-15 (Discuss verses 1-15)
Re: 1 Corinthians 11:1-15 [message #1759 is a reply to message #1748] Sat, 29 December 2012 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Amonhi,
Another wonderful post. I enjoy the details you attend to in explaining the most difficult of doctrines. Also, you seem to have acknowledged that no matter how far you progress, there will be something you preach which is wrong. (Not only you specifically, but all of us)

Hence the need for a place like this where we can discuss things openly without fear of reprisals from those who are unwilling to look beyond the script handed them by others.

There is one part of your post with which I am having an issue.
Amonhi
They could have created Eve in the same way that they created Adam, but they didn't because Eve is not separate and independent from Adam, nor Adam separate or independent from Eve. They are one flesh, the same material and one being split into 2 components together making a single whole man. Not separate beings joined together, but a single being taken apart. We are not whole or complete without our other half.

The way I define independence of one being from another is in manner of thought. If I can have a thought independent of my wife, then I am an independent being. I cannot truly be a contributing member to my marriage unless each of us begin as independent beings. It is true that once unified by marriage we become interdependent, but that is not the same thing as dependent.

The reason I bring this up is as follows: If we are truly two parts of the same eternal being, then we were that way before this life. Thus everyone would have a soul mate, and none of us could achieve eternal progress without finding that one person.
Instead, we are foreordained to marry certain people, rather than predestined. I am a male and have always been a male. If I do not achieve exaltation, being male will be far less important, but that is what I will still be. I also happen to be sealed eternally to two wonderful women. (One rests in heaven.) Each of them are beings independent of me. However, neither of them can achieve exaltation without a man. Nor can I achieve it without a woman. Yet we are all separate beings who need each other.

I must also point out that for the first time, thanks to your post, I understand the Catholic Church's understanding of original sin and why their priesthood is not allowed to marry. Additionally, I have gained greater insight into what drives the thinking of men in certain middle-eastern countries.

- Dragon

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 1 Kings 17
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 07:49:53 MDT 2024