Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Communing with Loved Ones Beyond the Grave » Daughter Returns to Comfort Mother (Spirit of Daughter Helps Mother Through Her Grief)
Daughter Returns to Comfort Mother [message #1648] Wed, 19 December 2012 16:31 Go to previous message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
A family in our ward that I knew well when I was growing up seemed to have children that matched the ages of just about all the children in our family. Their oldest daughter was 16 years old at the time of her death. The ward young men and women had a winter sledding activity on a hill just a few blocks from my house. The kids had built up a quite large jump in the middle of the sled run. Depending on where you started out, you could aim to take the jump on your sled or you could aim to go to the side of it. The 16 year old had just gone down the hill and was coasting to a stop at the bottom. Another youth started down right after she did. He took the jump with his sled. He lost control of his sled during the jump and his sled shot down the hill by itself. It streaked straight for the girl who had just stopped at the bottom and the metal runners of the sled hit her in the head, killing her instantly.

The girl's mother was completely distraught about losing her oldest daughter, and there was nothing that seemed to be able to comfort her. She shut down, couldn't function as a mother to her other children or as a wife to her husband. This went on for weeks, as people tried to console her without success. The mother later told us what occurred to her. One night she was trying to go to sleep when she became aware of someone sitting at the foot her bed. She opened her eyes and saw the spirit of her deceased daughter there. They had a conversation that lasted hours. Her daughter explained that she did not suffer when she died, and she told her mother things she was doing in the spirit world. The daughter came and visited with her mother like this periodically over the next two years, giving her comfort and strength to carry on in life.

rdw

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Love from Future Grandchildren
Next Topic: My Children helped convince me they needed to come sooner :)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 10:18:59 MDT 2024