Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » Current Church Doctrine » God's Priesthood and Satan's Priesthood
God's Priesthood and Satan's Priesthood [message #1620] Mon, 17 December 2012 18:57 Go to previous message
iWitness
Kay, in Gospel Principles class this week, one of the class members who was a former bishop mentioned how God has Priesthood that is functional by faith, and Satan's priesthood is functional by fear.

This got me into deeply thinking about both of them. Satan is able to do some pretty extravagant things through his priesthood, but it's not good. Extravagant, yes. Lovely, no.

God's priesthood is good.

I'm so confused. So where does this herb fit in?

For example, there is a drug called ayahuasca. The shamans in the south american rain forests use it in their spiritual rituals. People who document their experiences tell about how they felt and were able to see the energy that they shared with the world around them. They get emotional when recounting the beautiful unconditional love they felt, like nothing they had ever before experienced in their lifetimes. People who don't believe in God kneel in prayer. They are able to see good and bad spirits around them; the veil is lifted for them.

Since I would venture to guess none of you have studied DMT or ayahuasca, could you tell me what you've learned about the differences between God's priesthood and Satan's priesthood. I would love to learn more about it.

THANKS!

-iWitness

[Updated on: Mon, 17 December 2012 21:08]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How can one be a slave to the Holy Ghost? Is that a bad thing?
Next Topic: Can an Atheist be Moral?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 14:52:29 MDT 2024