Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Calling and Election Made Sure » How You Received Your Calling and Election Made Sure » I've always had it...
I've always had it... [message #1547] Sat, 08 December 2012 18:34 Go to previous message
marc is currently offline  marc
For as long as I can remember, I have always known that the church is true. I have always known that the Book of Mormon is true. I have always known that Jesus Christ lives. I have never needed to pray about it.

I find it interesting that when I was in the MTC over 20 years ago, praying and pleading with the Lord for that magical experience that I might know that the Book of Mormon was true. It never came. I don't know how much time had passed before I realized that I had known all along. I had felt the Spirit confirm it once before and I knew that I felt the Spirit but I did not know that that was my magical moment.

I have always chosen to be obedient. Despite having been raised in a dysfunctional home, suffering physical and emotional abuse until I left for my mission (why I never rebelled is a miracle). I have to this day never once taken one puff of a cigarette or sipped from any container of alcohol.

Although I have always been obedient and have had my sights on nothing less that exaltation, desiring my calling and election since I was young, I did not realize that I had already been given this gift until I had consciously received it. No wonder all my supplication and lengthy fasts yielded no magical moment. I have had it all along. And even as I type it, I can feel the Spirit confirm it.

And now that I look back on my life, even from my childhood, I see the signs were there all along. I have escaped accidents that should have been fatal, witnessed miracles, have received gifts in my patriarchal blessing, etc.

I don't know if everything that has been promised me was given because of foreknowledge of my desires in life or if my desires in life are the direct result of my patriarchal blessing. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? My patriarchal blessing and the gifts, promises and revelations therein are an uncanny, flawless fit.

My calling and election has always been sure. I know that I will be caught up among the faithful when Christ makes His entrance from heaven to reign on the earth during the millennium.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 December 2012 18:37]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message