Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Calling and Election Made Sure » How You Received Your Calling and Election Made Sure » My journey
My journey [message #1512] Wed, 05 December 2012 07:45 Go to previous message
FreddyV is currently offline  FreddyV
I've read some very inspiring stories here. I'm not sure where to begin speaking about my own journey. But I will say this, Amonhi had a significant influence in helping me recognize the blessings I've received. He visited another forum for a while and something he said about Calling and Election inspired me to pray about this subject.

My spiritual journey though began much before that. My first spiritual experiences began shortly before I went on a mission. Probably two weeks or less into my mission, I received an amazing vision while in the MTC. I also received many other miraculous blessings during that initial training period as well as later during my mission. Interestingly, some of the most profound were in the MTC.

While on my mission I was told by my Father of a calling He had for me. Despite my knowledge, upon my return I spent nearly two decades hiding, almost like Jonah. I wouldn't say I was afraid, but I knew I wasn't achieving the full potential of what I have been sent to this earth to do. I attended church regularly and for all intents and purposes, looked like an average luke warm member of the church.

A few years ago my Father called me and I stepped forward. I knew this was now the time. I was VERY ignorant of the scriptures, only having the most superficial knowledge. I began studying and He began teaching me slowly, yet endowing me with His Spirit. Two years ago I began to receive visions again. I have yet to see the Savior in the flesh, as Moroni describes in Ether 12, but I have seen Him now many times in vision.

Reading some thoughts by Amonhi, I felt inspired to ask about my C&E. Prior to that, I had never considered to ask that question. I received an answer very quickly. I was surprised, I almost didn't believe what I heard. I wrote it down in my journal, which I only started just about a year ago. ( I really am a slow learner!)

Still slow to accept the fact that I could be the recipient of so great a blessing, He spoke to me again recently, on the 24th of October. His voice was powerful and He commanded me to write His words to me. I did and He told me, among other things, that He had redeemed me, that I was His son. That He had sealed me to Him. The phrase that "all things become new" has true meaning for me. What I see in the scriptures, how I understand the temple endowment ceremony, everything has changed.

I still feel like I am very much at the beginning of this journey. I am very grateful to have been led here. I know it was divine intervention. Already I am reading experiences of others that help me to put my own into place. Most importantly, I have learned the importance of being able to share my own witness. Something that I still find difficult, but at least it is now becoming easier. So, you are the first to hear my public witness.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: The greatest wedding gift ever!
Next Topic: How I received my Calling and Election made sure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 15:23:03 MDT 2024