Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Demons » Ignoring the Demons (Reading the 'Pamphlet' on how to cast the demons out of your life forever.)
icon5.gif  Ignoring the Demons [message #1444] Tue, 13 November 2012 05:02 Go to previous message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
When it comes to ignoring demons, or keeping them from influencing you, here is what I have learned so far. I am eager to hear what others can add to my understanding.

1. Dedicate your home and land, and keep it as holy as the Temple.
When you have a safe haven to come home to every night, it allows you to be free of their influence for a time. If you lose the Holy Ghost for awhile, it feels awful. Losing the influence of demons for awhile is just the opposite. It also helps you recognize their influence.
This could be a whole discussion on its own, because it is not an easy task. First of all, everyone who lives there must maintain that level of spiritual cleanliness. And if someone visits who brings demons in with them, the cleanliness must be restored. Furthermore, I have found things as common as ads on Facebook can bring demons into the home for certain people. Finding the ways they get in and closing those doors is a struggle.

2. Shielding
When you need to leave your home, creating a shield for yourself from negative influences can be very useful. It isn't easy, and the process might be different for each person. I believe it should be based in your true character. As a dragon, I picture in my mind folding in my wings, hiding my other dragon features, and reinforcing the scaly hide as a barrier against the influences of others. After awhile, it became second nature.
This was especially important for me, as my empathic abilities made me susceptible to other people, as well as demons. It also helps me communicate with angels, but that is another topic. Imagine attending church and feeling the emotions of everyone in the room. There are a lot of negative emotions in a typical Sacrament Meeting. It's not just the adults who project this. Children struggle with their own negative emotions, and sometimes project more strongly than the adults.

3. Casting out Demons
There is actual doctrine on how to cast demons out when they find their way into your life. Raise your arm to the square and command them in the name of Jesus Christ to depart. Confidence is a must. It does NOT require the priesthood, merely a righteous person. (Evil cannot cast out evil.) If someone is possessed, they must be willing to let the demon go, recognize how it entered, and avoid that sin in the future. It does not usually require a full exorcism, which DOES rely on the priesthood. Thankfully I have not yet encountered the kind which 'go not out except through prayer and fasting.'

As far as I can tell, that's the majority of what I know on avoiding the influences of demons. Hopefully more questions and your answers will teach me more and make my life happier.

- Dragon

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message