Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » Current Church Doctrine » Right and Wrong (Wo unto those who call evil good and good evil.)
Right and Wrong [message #1412] Fri, 09 November 2012 22:13 Go to previous message
iWitness
I am not a very articulate person, and I have a hard time talking coherently to people...hahah.... And this is my first post on this website. There are few places I've ever posted on the internet, but I'm going to give this a shot. I'm young, so please don't take anything I'm about to say too harshly.

I told my husband tonight that Elliaison.org is the first site and forum that hasn't left me with an empty feeling inside. I'm quite spiritually sensitive, and I can see myself staying here forever. You guys teach me. I cannot express the relief I've had since finding you guys. I've been praying for a group of people such as yourselves and I feel I am now prepared to have ears to hear and eyes to see.

I finally decided to post tonight because I have some things I need to get out.
I feel like I was born to be a teacher. Ever since I was a little girl, I've always been doing things different than other people. Going against the grain, not following the crowd/sheeple. In fact, Satan has made it a point to try and get me to go against my nature off and on here in mortality, but I fight it. It is not natural to try to be something you're not.

Ok, so I find in the church more and more that there are things people know are wrong, but they keep doing them. Why? Because, "everyone else is doing it", "the prophet probably eats meat". Or, "Well, I know the stake president watches sports". I have never opened my mouth at church or in a group setting about what I'm about to say because I hate offending people. People get offended, often quite easily. I'm not here to condemn, but I feel scripture backs me up, and I know you folks here love the Word of God, and lean unto it and not the arm of the flesh.

Here are some points:

Eating meat and/or unhealthy food
Judging people
Watching television
Wearing makeup
Watching sports
Looking at fashion magazines/websites
Movies with foul material(including R, PG-13, PG, and G ratings
Gossiping

Keep in mind I could write a novel about each one of these points, but I want to know what you guys think about them before I go in to any details.

Now, I know the prophet doesn't come out and say not to do these things, because we have brains! He who is compelled in ALL THINGS, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant. We can make decisions to follow in the ways of the world, or follow God. But why doesn't anyone openly talk about avoiding sins like these? To me these things lead to bad paths, because I've been there. These things, I believe, do not jive with The Holy Spirit of God.

I've been on both sides of the fence. I've lived a vain and unholy life, I've had many experiences that I can relate to most people with from all different backgrounds. I'm not some self-righteous arrogant mormon. I feel like I have a leg to stand on when addressing these concepts.

How do you guys feel about those points? There's so many patterns to the ways of the world. But I can't ignore the scriptures call to not call evil good and good evil.
In my mind it IS black and white. And as member we should help each other live high standards. But where I live, and perhaps where you live too, if you address anything related to the afore mentioned points, you are looked at like you have two heads. Like some weird creature. Like..."Really? You didn't go see the new James Bond movie??? WHAT?! You don't WANT to?!....why???? What's wrong with you? Oh, you must be one of 'those' people..."

Please tell me I've found someone who gets what I'm trying to talk about. I hope I don't offend any of you. I'm not trying to say "I'm perfect and your not so get with it". That is not my purpose here.

I hope this is coherent....hahaha...I really do try. Maybe if I stay here long enough, I'll learn how to be a better writer and be able to state what I am thinking more clearly!

Love you all and look forward to what you have to say!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Article of Faith 11
Next Topic: Sustaining our Leaders, according to scripture...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:06:41 MDT 2024