Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Calling and Election Made Sure » How You Received Your Calling and Election Made Sure » How to Know if You Have YOUR C&E Made Sure (An observation as the result of a dream)
How to Know if You Have YOUR C&E Made Sure [message #1294] Tue, 23 October 2012 08:47 Go to previous message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Perhaps this is a little off topic, but it seems the best place to put it.

The other night I had a dream. I was with a group of people seeking to have our C&E Made Sure. Each of us had a mark on the hand to indicate our completion of the steps along the way. A small blue star meant we'd been baptized, and a red star encircling the blue meant we'd received the baptism of fire. Receiving the Endowment added a thin yellow line around the red. But the star we were all seeking, and which no one else but me in the dream achieved, was a small white star in the center of them all, proving I had received my C&E.

Now, this may sound like a silly concept, as many dreams are. Yet I think it speaks to an important truth and taught me a good lesson. When we have been baptized, we know it because it happened. Not everyone accepts that their sins have been washed away, but no one can argue whether or not they have been baptized. Receiving our Endowment is the same way. But the Baptism of Fire, and receiving the C&E are different. There is no outward ceremony attended by friends or approved by the LDS Church, so there is usually no outward sign whether we have achieved it or not.

I believe this shows a pattern and a lesson. Baptism is a physical ordinance whose spiritual fulfillment is the cleansing power of the Gift of the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost allows us to grow faster than we could without it and in ways which are impossible without it. The Endowment is the physical ordinance whose spiritual fulfillment is the C&E. After all, the C&E is God declaring we have done as he asked in the Endowment (and all other covenants) and He will now provide the Second Comforter.

Yes, it is possible to perform a ceremony to declare someone as having their C&E Made Sure. However, even that ceremony does not guarantee we are ready to withstand the ever increasing presence of the Savior in our lives. If we are constantly looking for someone else to tell us we are worthy of it, or are waiting for someone else to say whether we are ready to receive it, we will never achieve it. It must come from within, starting with gaining a testimony of our own worthiness to receive it.

- Dragon

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: I've always had it...
Next Topic: Have I received my C&E?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 21:11:05 MDT 2024