Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Other Special Experiences » My angelic voice - for a minute...
My angelic voice - for a minute... [message #1270] Tue, 16 October 2012 02:10 Go to previous message
JulesGP

I thought I'd share this experience I had recently - it seemed fitting to me, to put it in the "special experiences" category. Smile

I was at the Brigham City, UT temple dedication a couple of weeks ago, and I was listening to the choir sing the different numbers they did between talks. I was kind of lamenting about my mediocre voice and wishing I had the talent the choir members have. I have always wanted to sing, but it hasn't happened yet... Confused lol.

Anyway, the audience was asked to join the choir in singing "The Spirit of God" after the Hosanna Shout. So I continued thinking... I wondered if I will be able to sing someday in the eternities. We read in the scriptures about angels singing praises to the Lord, and how we are supposed to be doing that too someday in Heaven, etc... So I wondered if not being able to sing well and have a beautiful voice I can use on this earth was essentially a "disability", and if I would be able to have that ability restored to me in the resurrection, or if I would be able to learn to sing someday - as our progression is supposed to be eternal....

Well we started singing "The Spirit of God", and from the first note I sang, the voice that came out of me was NOT my own... it was beautiful! It was clean and tuned and I had awesome vibrato... It was amazing (and weird at the same time, lol). The spirit came over me and told me "YES, you WILL be able to sing like an angel someday, and you will sing praises to the Lord!!" It was so awesome... I was given a spiritual witness and at the same time, I was able to EXPERIENCE what I would have someday! I started crying, and about halfway through the second verse, my crappy voice came back and I sang as I normally do, lol. But it was cool too, to see that drastic difference between my own earthly voice, and the one I would have - that I got to experience by the spirit. I KNEW that this would come to fruition in every way:

Quote:
23 The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame.

EDIT: Originally cited the wrong temple.... Very Happy

~Jules

[Updated on: Tue, 16 October 2012 10:39]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Question to Dragons?