Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Calling and Election Made Sure » How You Received Your Calling and Election Made Sure » A question to those who have received C&E (What about opposition? Abrahamic trial, etc.)
A question to those who have received C&E [message #1231] Wed, 10 October 2012 14:17 Go to previous message
amh
Hi! I'm so glad to everyone who has shared their stories they are wonderful and help me see it as a possiblity and attainable. Smile. So I have some questions to those who have experienced it. To my understanding before you are able to have your C&E you have to be tried to see if you will overcome all things. Not necessarily having to experience all things but prove that you will follow God's will no matter what, or sacrifice that which is perfectly catered to you to try you to the fullest. An Abrahamic trial I suppose. Such as Nephi being commanded to kill Laban, Abraham offering up Isaac, Joseph Smith taking on polygamy (I believe) etc. so am I wrong about this? It seems logical to me and scripture seems to qualify the truth that those who are redeemed and saved are first tried. What are your experiences with your Abrahamic trial? If the spirit restrains you I don't need details just if it occurred and did you know it (before, during or just after)? Also what about those who have seen Christ? Or Angels? I always thought that you had to meet an equivalent of darkness before meeting being of Light? For example- Moses being tempted by Satan before seeing The Lord, Joseph Smith being overtaken by a dark presence where he thought he would be overcome before he saw the Father and The Son, etc. so what are thoughts on this? Did you all experience these things too? Also anyone who hasn't had their C&E can chime in about their ideas and take on these topics. But I think I'm going to take this topic and put it in the deep doctrine area cause I think it belongs their and not here Smile, but I don't know how to delete this topic so I will jut leave it here haha.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 October 2012 17:52]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: By Invitation Only
Next Topic: When did Joseph Smith receive his C&E?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 02:23:13 MDT 2024