Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Angels » An Angel In My Bedroom (One of my experiences with angels)
Re: An Angel In My Bedroom [message #1387 is a reply to message #1221] Mon, 05 November 2012 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JulesGP

dimiwill wrote on Wed, 10 October 2012 02:01
Thank you for posting this experience.

I wonder whether the Prophet Joseph Smith had the permanent gift of "spiritual sight" as Doug Mendenhall calls it; Denise Mendenhall, his daughter, has this amazing gift and is always able to peer into the spiritual world around us. JulesGP, your story reminded me of a story by Zebedee Coltrin where Zebedee claimed that the Prophet Joseph Smith kept looking in the corner of the meeting room as though he was watching some sort of activity in that corner of the room.

I mention this because those who regularly have visits from beyond the veil (either disembodied spirits or angels) often have the gift of "spiritual sight" or even partial "spiritual sight". It is truly an amazing gift, which is actually mentioned in the Pearl of Great Price.

Moses 6:36
And he beheld the spirits that God had created; and he beheld also things which were not visible to the natural eye; and from thenceforth came the saying abroad in the land: A seer hath the Lord raised up unto his people.

I generally avoid using the term "seer" as most associate such term with using the Urim and Thummim or with having the ability to translate scriptures or to receive revelations through a seer stone. In any case, the concepts are clearly related, but I do NOT claim to be an expert on the subject matter.

Dimi,

Thanks to my sweet friend Ashley, I just got a copy of this book - thank you for recommending it to me awhile back!

I believe that there is much more to "seership" and that gift, than just the ability to use tools such as the Urim and Thummim. I started learning a lot more about it when Seeker posted this thread here:

http://www.elliaison.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=137&goto=408&rid=35&S=707b744f9193c8ecd19231210584f2c0#msg_408

And this one that Ashley posted here:

http://www.elliaison.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=134&goto=396&rid=35&S=707b744f9193c8ecd19231210584f2c0#msg_396

I'm still on the path of learning, but that gift certainly encompasses a lot more than I initially realized. I don't know if it requires that gift to see an angel as I did in this experience, but I know that a lot of the other spiritual gifts I've had revealed about myself fit in with my understanding of what a "seer" is.

~Jules

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Are some more open to angels, demons, etc.?
Next Topic: My time with John The Beloved
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 10:37:35 MDT 2024