Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » Christ being Born Again, Born of God (Discuss Christ's progression in life)
Christ being Born Again, Born of God [message #1129] Wed, 19 September 2012 13:10 Go to previous message
Seeker is currently offline  Seeker
Quote:
Heb. 5:5, 8-9, (Italics Added),
5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he, (God the Father), that said unto him, Thou art my Son, today have I begotten thee.
8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Observation 1:
God said to Christ, "Today I have begotten thee". At some point, we all hope to become begotten of the Father and Firstborn heirs like Christ. To come to realize that we too have been "begotten of the Father".

Observation 2:
Christ learned obedience by the things he suffered. This is an interesting verse because it matches this one:

"D&C 105:5-6"
5 And Zion cannot be built up unless it is by the principles of the law of the celestial kingdom; otherwise I cannot receive her unto myself.
6 And my people must needs be chastened until they learn obedience, if it must needs be, by the things which they suffer.

Observation 3:
And the last point of the first quote, It says that Jesus was not born perfect, but was "made perfect", presumably after he "learned obedience".

This is particularly of interest as he `finishes the chapter talking about how his audience are babes who can only take milk because they are "unskilful in the word of righteousness" and that the "Strong Meat" is for those who can discern good from evil. As if he were encouraging to prepare for strong meat.

And the next chapter following right along with the same thought, he encourages us saying, "Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection;"...

Any thoughts on the above?

~ Seeker

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Are Lucifer and Satan separate beings?
Next Topic: The Coming Of The Holy One Of Israel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 21:50:04 MDT 2024