Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » General Conference & Devotional Discussion » Overcoming abuse through the atonement (Need Help)
Overcoming abuse through the atonement [message #1115] Tue, 18 September 2012 00:17 Go to previous message
Ashleyd is currently offline  Ashleyd
I wasn't sure where to put this topic so mods feel free to move it where ever you think is appropriate. This is a topic of great importance to me because of my great personal struggles with overcoming abuse. I was abused a lot growing up in many different ways. I have to fight really hard at times against doing similar things under stressful situations and I realized I have never found healing from this abuse and I want to make sure it ends with me.

How does the atonement bring healing to those who have been abused? I originally wrote out a really lengthy message about this but decided to just delete most of that and make it shorter and simpler to read. Is there anyone who has had personal experience with overcoming abuse?

[Updated on: Tue, 18 September 2012 04:39]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message