Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Testimonies You Have Gained and How You Gained Them » Turning of Hearts to Fathers (The Scripture Expounded Through Revelation)
Re: Turning of Hearts to Fathers [message #2378 is a reply to message #1110] Sat, 13 April 2013 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Kingdom of ZION is currently offline  Kingdom of ZION
mormonhah wrote on Mon, 17 September 2012 16:12

Joseph knew from several personal insights, including the two discussed below, that when the servants of God returned to make the house aright they would find corruption muddying the once clears waters of revelation. Anxiety over this is prevalent in the dreams below but let's read them to find parallels and what they tell us about us.

The last recorded dream (of Joseph Smith) we have in our possession is recorded below:

I was back in Kirtland, Ohio, and thought I would take a walk out by myself, and view my old farm, which I found grown up with weeds and brambles, and altogether bearing evidence of neglect and want of culture. I went into the barn, which I found without floor or doors, with the weather-boarding off, and was altogether in keeping with the farm.

While I viewed the desolation around me, and was contemplating how it might be recovered from the curse upon it, there came rushing into the barn a company of furious men, who commenced to pick a quarrel with me.

The leader of the party [Prophet] ordered me to leave the barn [Temple] and farm [Joseph (His) place in the Church or Kingdom], stating it was none of mine, and that I must give up all hope of ever possessing it.

I told him the farm was given me by the Church, and although I had not had any use of it for some time back, still I had not sold it, and according to righteous principles it belonged to me or the Church.

He then grew furious and began to rail upon me, and threaten me, and said it never did belong to me nor to the Church.

I then told him that I did not think it worth contending about, that I had no desire to live upon it in its present state, and if he thought he had a better right I would not quarrel with him about it but leave; but my assurance that I would not trouble him at present did not seem to satisfy him, as he seemed determined to quarrel with me, and threatened me with the destruction of my body.

While he was thus engaged, pouring out his bitter words upon me, a rabble rushed in and nearly filled the barn, drew out their knives, and began to quarrel among themselves for the premises, and for a moment forgot me, at which time I took the opportunity to walk out of the barn about up to my ankles in mud.

When I was a little distance from the barn, I heard them screeching and screaming in a very distressed manner, as it appeared they had engaged in a general fight with their knives. While they were thus engaged, the dream or vision ended. (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, Section Six 1843-44 p. 393)

In the dream the vineyard is likened unto Joseph's old barn and property. The dream I believe, is a bit more specific than the below parable, speaking of the church proper and not the broader idea of the vineyard as a whole. Joseph begins by telling of its appearance being in disarray. He refers to a "curse" that has been put upon it. I can't help but think this is a continuation of our condemnation, which started in Joseph's day and our continual decline in revelation and Celestial law.

Joseph views the place and is rather sad at its degenerate state. He even ponders how to fix it up (What a work that would be!). A "company" of men than come in arguing, tell Joseph it isn't his, though they can't seem to agree on whose it is. They threaten Joseph with his life. Joseph says whatever, you can have it and determines to leave. This tells me that we are not talking about an eternal spiritual inheritance here, but rather a physical structure, as Joseph would have argued harder to keep it. Organizations, buildings, systems people who worship them, etc...the expendable part of the church. The guy continues to tear into him, but another group enters the fray claiming ownership. While these two parties are arguing, Joseph peaceably leaves.

Clearly he is shown and telling us that it is the whole farm, not just the buildings like the barn which is a veiled allegory of the temple(s). IF HE does COMES or RETURNS (JS) he came as ETB (Benson). The second group then comes in while he is the President and claims the church and takes it over and will eventually destroy each other (all the GA's, still yet future).

Of course I liken this to the servant, whose coming causes a stir amongst the church and its people and leaving to the wilderness out the backdoor (3 Ne. 21:9-10). The servant steps into the situation for a moment. His presence is alarming to those who are in charge. He states his right to set the church in order (section 85). They fight him over it, and he decides to take those who will come with him and turn the "church" (barn) entirely over to the hand of flesh.

When he/they leave, it's a sticky situation. Mud covers them which would slow the departure but mainly just leave unsightly residue that would need to be cleansed later, on all those who go with him. The mud would be cleaned and a better organization set up when they get to a new inheritance (JS-M 1:27).

As he leaves, Joseph hears the men fight for their lives over it. I would assume that these two parties are the makers of the covenant of death (Isa. 28:15,18). The Church Corporation and the Gov't they shook hands with. The Gov't brings the knives to the party and all those who relied on the arm of flesh are taken off guard by it. While those who recognized the true servant of God depart for a better place with mud on their clothes from past experiences (2 Nephi 28:14).

This might be, but in the parable in D&C101, it only has the church referred to, and then the enemy comes in which destroy the twelve olive trees and that could be the Government, only it seems more likely it will be Sons of Perdition infiltrating the GA's ranks.

The next text is a parable given to Joseph via revelation which tells of a similar event:

A certain nobleman had a spot of land, very choice; and he said unto his servants: Go ye unto my vineyard, even upon this very choice piece of land, and plant twelve olive-trees; And set watchmen round about them, and build a tower, that one may overlook the land round about, to be a watchman upon the tower, that mine olive-trees may not be broken down when the enemy shall come to spoil and take upon themselves the fruit of my vineyard. Now, the servants of the nobleman went and did as their lord commanded them, and planted the olive-trees, and built a hedge round about, and set watchmen, and began to build a tower. And while they were yet laying the foundation thereof, they began to say among themselves: And what need hath my lord of this tower? And consulted for a long time, saying among themselves: What need hath my lord of this tower, seeing this is a time of peace? Might not this money be given to the exchangers? For there is no need of these things. And while they were at variance one with another they became very slothful, and they hearkened not unto the commandments of their lord. And the enemy came by night, and broke down the hedge; and the servants of the nobleman arose and were affrighted, and fled; and the enemy destroyed their works, and broke down the olive-trees. Now, behold, the nobleman, the lord of the vineyard, called upon his servants, and said unto them, Why! What is the cause of this great evil? (DC 101:44-51)

This section begins with the building of the barn, establishing a foundation whereon a marvelous work could be built in the future (D&C 64:33). The foundation was supposed to be the Church of Christ and of the firstborn and the Kingdom of God. But alas the barn was built but the tower never finished.

We hear the words of the servants, the watchmen (Isa. 56: 10), trying to decide what to with the goods that the foundation is producing. The barn has been built, but the watch tower never finished. These watchmen begin to argue amongst themselves. They see no need to build a tower (relationship with God, from which warning springs for Israel), as they are in a time of peace! Peace, all is well in Zion! They become at variance with each other. They give the sacred money to the building of Babylon. They become lazy in their callings, even falling asleep on the job. All of these descriptions Isaiah uses to describe the prophet, priest, and leaders of Ephraim in the last day (Isa. 56:10-11; 28:7). As a result, the barn is run over. It is left in disarray by the enemies of the Lord. Just as Joseph saw it upon his return, the servants are at odds with each other and have left the whole property with a curse and in shambles.

Most people do not recognize that the Tower is the Kingdom with the King upon it. And when the King (and his Priest) were taken, there is no way to build the Kingdom. JS was the King and HS was the Priest (Patriarch).

In this parable we see what Joseph does with the property. And the lord of the vineyard said unto one of his servants: Go and gather together the residue of my servants, and take all the strength of mine house, which are my warriors, my young men [First World, Baby Forth Estate Beings], and they that are of middle age [Second World, Junior Forth Estate Beings] also among all my servants, who are the strength of mine house, save those only whom I have appointed to tarry [The Three Nephites and John the Beloved]; And go ye straightway unto the land of my vineyard, and redeem my vineyard; for it is mine; I have bought it with money. Therefore, get ye straightway unto my land; break down the walls of mine enemies; throw down their tower, and scatter their watchmen. And inasmuch as they gather together against you, avenge me of mine enemies, that by and by I may come with the residue of mine house and possess the land. (D&C 101:55-58)

The Government really does not fit the bill here! It is the Sons of Perdition that are the true enemies of G_d, who come in and try to posses the 'land of inheritance' or Zion.

He has no use of the building in its run down state. He has no use of the watchmen who have constituted enemies. He has no use for the corrupt version of the church that the evil watchmen had built in the place of the sure foundation. Joseph is told to walk away from it. He prophesies here the scattering of those watchmen (a covenant curse is to be scattered, not gathered). The dream remarked that they largely do this to themselves because of their bickering with the Gov't of the land, to whom they owe their statehood and tax exempt status. [this is a much later apostasy that removes them from being his covenant people] The Lord uses his left hand and the knife of the enemy to scatter them. Then, using the foundation originally built, they rebuild and grow Zion for the last time.

We are given the promise of his return, the turmoil it will bring and the cleansing of the people in Isaiah, repeatedly. But here above we are given two instances of Joseph prophesying of that now near event. May we have the faith to see through the bickering and understand the voice and servants of God. Things are not always as they seem, thus only those who take the Holy Spirit for their guide and are not deceived by false owners, prophets, will recognize and gather with the carcass in the wilderness (D&C 45:57).

Joseph's role is that of an innocent leader doing his job. When he returns (as the Rod or spokesman for the Davidic Servant unto the houses of Joseph), he is not recognized by those who presently run the farm that he established. These men threaten him with bodily harm. He knows when to leave, gets reinforcement and rebuild.

Interesting interpretation. I KNOW he must return to re-restore keys that he holds. However the pattern from every previous dispensation is that he comes by visitation unto the next Dispensation King, not as a mortal reborn into THAT Dispensation.

The slothful servants are running the farm at the time of his return. It is a time of disarray. They are asleep as to the issues. They consider their authority to be supreme and do not recognize the true servant of God. They have ruined the farm through mismanagement. They have built Babylon instead of Zion. Like the people they have charge over, Babylon overtakes them and they are scattered. Instead of warning the people, they have taught another doctrine, that of "Peace, all is well in Zion".

The slothful servants are the General Authorities of the Church.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lord Himself does this in the early part of the chapter. Here, however, the Lord is speaking of his servant who does the same thing on a lower scale. The servant emulates the Lord.

Every one of these sentences has a type in Israel's history. Caleb received an inheritance among the great (when the Israelites came into the Promised Land) because he was one of the two spies sent out who remained faithful to the Lord when they came back. Joshua and Caleb gave a true report. They were the only ones who came out of Egypt who inherited the Promised Land.

David divided the spoil with the mighty in his war with the Philistines. David provides a type for this person. Hezekiah is also a type, pouring out his soul unto death. David was also numbered with criminals after being anointed by Samuel. Christ was numbered with criminals.

Job bore the sins of many (his children). Job was smitten. However, we see that in his proxy role, Job was only paying the price for others sins, not his own.

Moses made intercession for the entire nation when they made the golden calf.

The servant is like a lot of these heroes of the Old Testament, performing many of the same functions. All the major events in Israel's history are roles that the servant assumes. He would have to be on the same spiritual level as those characters of the Old Testament were.

The prophecies say 'He will be Like unto Moses', meaning he will come and though socially awkward he will come with might miracles to deliver the Remnant.

Coming of Eliyah is yet future, the Restoration of Yesrael and the Kingdom or Gospel and the other 2/3's of the Book of Mormon will follow. If Eliyah does not come, then with the coming of the Messiah, the earth shall be cursed and utterly wasted!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message