Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Testimonies You Have Gained and How You Gained Them » Turning of Hearts to Fathers (The Scripture Expounded Through Revelation)
Re: Turning of Hearts to Fathers [message #1083 is a reply to message #1082] Tue, 11 September 2012 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Very interesting stuff. I know my own great grandpa was married in 1894 and 1903, and lived with both his wives until their death. He was part of those polygamist marriages performed in Mexico. He lived in Salt Lake City after the incident with Pancho Villa. I have heard it said he sat in church with both his wives, and since he had 17 children, they must have taken up two rows. He lived in a duplex with one wife and kids in one side, and the other wife and kids in the other. They lived there together well into the 1950's.

I know from personal research and experience that no plural marriage can or should be performed without three specific elements.
1. The consent of the first wife.
2. The consent of the Church
3. They must be performed in the temple.

The documentation you have shown indicates all three were violated at one point or another, and this is consistent with what I know of Church History. All I can say is I consider it a sin to abandon a wife or two or six. Clearly they did not understand the eternal part of eternal marriage. I am grateful my own great grandfather stuck with his two wives, despite the questioning glances.

- Dragon

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message