Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Testimonies You Have Gained and How You Gained Them » Turning of Hearts to Fathers (The Scripture Expounded Through Revelation)
Re: Turning of Hearts to Fathers [message #1081 is a reply to message #1080] Tue, 11 September 2012 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mormonhah is currently offline  mormonhah
Many wives were simply abandoned because the husband chose one wife with which to live. Many were ostracized (contrary to popular belief, polygamy was not something that most members of the church celebrated). The church did very little to nothing to assist them.

My g-g-g grandfather was a well-known Seventy. He went on a mission and came back with a young wife, without even consulting his existing wife. She divorced him and remarried.

He then took a few more wives, including two sisters, all of whom he abandoned except for 1 when the Manifesto was proclaimed law. It must have been a relief to him as he did not care for his other wives or children.

This is my history only. There are many sad and more embarrassing stories.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message