Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Testimonies You Have Gained and How You Gained Them » Turning of Hearts to Fathers (The Scripture Expounded Through Revelation)
Re: Turning of Hearts to Fathers [message #1073 is a reply to message #1068] Sun, 09 September 2012 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mormonhah is currently offline  mormonhah
Thank you Seeker.

The scripture reads like this:

And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse. (Malachi 4:6)

First: The hearts of the fathers to the children. What is the purpose for this if they were actually living righteously? They know their time of probation has passed and the only way for redemption is for one (or some) of their progenitors who are still living to WORK for them. While temple work may be a small slice of the pie, for those who died with this condemnation intact, the only way to be redeemed is through the living.

This is where Nephi talks about the voice as one crying from the dust (2 Nephi 33:13). While I don't hear distinct voices, that scripture jumped off the page at me because I have felt pushed or pulled in a specific direction by my ancestors.

Second: The hearts of the children to the fathers. I could never have understood this if I had not FIRST learned to love unconditionally. If I had realized how I had been born into this deceit and the role they played in it, I may have been angry. I am not.

I had another revelation this morning which clarified the earlier revelation. I am very grateful for the role I am about to play in saving their souls (Obadiah 1:21), for I will literally be their savior and how great shall be my joy.

Now, to prepare myself for what is to come next. The violence, the imprisonment, and the execution. Please pray for me. I am not afraid but I feel pretty weak and insignificant.

If I had not actually got into this work and been called of God, I would back out. But I cannot back out: I have no doubt of the truth.
Joseph Smith, Jr.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message