Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? (Was the Savior Jesus Christ the only Savior there will ever be, or will there/have there been others?)
Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1006] Sun, 26 August 2012 20:41 Go to previous message
JulesGP

This thread was split from THIS thread where the discussion originated.

MES5464 wrote on Sun, 26 August 2012 12:05
Jules,

This quote you gave seems to support my beliefs about the Holy Ghost.

Quote:
The Holy Ghost is now in a state of probation which if he should perform in righteousness he may pass through the same or a similar course of things that the Son has." (Joseph Smith, The Words of Joseph Smith, p. 245; Sabbath address, 27 August 1843)

That is, the Holy Ghost is destand to be a Messiah someday.

Our Jesus Christ now, once served as the Holy Ghost for a previous generation. Having proven himself worthy in that calling the became the Messiah of our generation. And our Holy Ghost will serve as the Messian for the next generation to come after us.

Just my oppinon based on the feelings of the spirit.

Dragon, In past studies, I actually explored the possibility of what MES is saying myself. (If I'm understanding what he's saying - the possibility of some becoming Saviors in future earths of their own - as he believes the Holy Ghost may. I found suggestions of this when I studied "multiple mortal probations" and the doctrine of "eternal lives".) I have not developed any conclusions or a testimony of, or had the spirit witness any answers to me on any of these things. But I don't think it is offensive for someone to explore possibilities and state their current opinions and feelings - especially when we are all at different levels of understanding. Maybe MES could give us some references that support his theory, and you could offer the same for yours. I personally would be interested in seeing all sides because as I said, I have not come to any conclusions yet. At the same time, I believe there will be things we will not be able to fully understand in this lifetime unless/until the Savior Himself teaches us when we receive the Second Comforter. These may be some of those things.

I just don't want anyone to feel that they can't safely post possibilities and theories and explore via open and friendly discussion. I would feel bad if someone felt offended by my search for truth, and my lack of understanding (as it is) of all of the mysteries of the kingdom - when I had not intended on offending anyone. So I felt I needed to say something. Smile

~Jules

[Updated on: Wed, 29 August 2012 21:46]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message