Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » Repentance before vs. after Calling and Election (Discusson on how repentance and the Atonement applies to us after receiving our C&E)
Repentance before vs. after Calling and Election [message #928] Tue, 21 August 2012 13:49 Go to previous message
JulesGP

I was talking with my mom, and she reminded me of a story I'd heard many times as a child, but had forgotten. My great-grandma (who saw and talked with spirits regularly), talked with my great-grandpa a couple of times after he died. One of the times, he said something that I never quite understood, but see differently after having read through this thread. I guess she asked him about what he was doing "over there", and first of all, he said there were places he could not go - not physical lines, but in a sense, lines he could not cross yet. And he also told her "I have to go to Hell for awhile". I always thought that was weird. But now I wonder if he might have received his C&E in this life, and had to pay for his sins that he committed after receiving the promise - and that's what he was telling my great-grandma!

~Jules

[Updated on: Wed, 22 August 2012 21:44]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message