Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Miracles » A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E
A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #766] Mon, 30 July 2012 07:50 Go to previous message
Denryu is currently offline  Denryu
As I have reflected on my life, I am truly amazed at how blessed I have been and the many times throughout my life that I have received a miracle or some other strong witness from the Lord.

My first memory was of a dream when I was 4 years old and being told that I could accomplish anything - ANYTHING - if I believed strongly enough in it. I spent the entire day the next day outside flapping my arms believing that if I only believed hard enough, that I could fly! That also was a lesson, and years later I did fly, soloing in a Cessna. Smile

I also had negative spiritual experiences at an early age as I have shared in another post.

When I was about 7, my sister and I were hitting golf balls in a football field. A friend of mine came and we took turns. My sister felt like he wasn't sharing enough and ran up behind him as he swung back, hitting her in the face and knocking a tooth out (we didn't know that she had lost a tooth, her face was quite a mess.) We ran her home and to the doctor, who said if we could find the tooth it could be re-implanted. We went and searched for a long time, but I could not remember where we were when it happened. As we were getting ready to leave, I said a quick prayer and begged the Lord to help us find the tooth. As I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was something about 40 feet away which my first thought was "that can't be it, that is much too large to be a tooth!" But I went over to it and it was.

The tooth was re-implanted, but it had been out for too long and eventually fell out again. I did learn several things from the experience, though. First, PRAY FIRST, do not wait to pray until it is a last resort. And secondly, I don;t think I ever worried about or prayed that the tooth would successfully be re-implanted. I am sure that I thanked the Lord when we found it, but I doubt that it was as strong of a thank you as the request. I certainly don't believe the Lord caused her to lose her tooth to teach me a lesson; but I do think that the entire episode was a learning experience for myself as well as many others that witnessed it.

I also had a health issue which I worried would keep me from serving a mission. This had been a lifelong problem, which disappeared completely the day I took out my endowment.

I have not always followed promptings, and this has also been a learning experience. I was told very clearly not to take a job, but I convinced myself that it was just nerves about a new change and I took the job. The pay increase was "too good to turn down". Many negative things happened due to taking that job, the least of which was being laid off slightly over two years later. This was over ten years ago and I still repent and regret that decision.

One thing that I have always felt would be the greatest blessing would be to see the Lord in the flesh. I have always had this as a personal goal or wish even before I had heard of the doctrine of C&E made sure.

I have had numerous other experiences that I hope over time I can share many more with you wonderful folks. I hope that even though they are lesser experiences than what many here have experienced, I hope that all can be uplifted and in some way aided by my sharing of these things.

Libertas optimas rarem, nunquam servili sub nexu.
"There is no gift like Liberty, therefore never live under slavery."

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message