Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Miracles » Hummingbird
Hummingbird [message #751] Sun, 29 July 2012 06:18 Go to previous message
marc is currently offline  marc
Hello. I am new to the forum. I met Amonhi on another forum months ago. He invited me to join this forum. After a stumbling block or two, I am finally getting around to joining. Thank you, Amonhi. As there is no other misc. forum where I can introduce myself, I felt it appropriate to do so here with a page from my journal.

May 6, 2008

Today while working on my yard and trying to fix my sprinkler system, I was startled by the flapping wings of a hummingbird above me in my garage. The poor little thing couldn't find its way out and hovered all over the ceiling as it tried to find a way up or out. I thought about how I could get it out, but it was very fast moving. I tried to gently guide it out with my snow shovel but I just ended up scaring it. I was really concerned that I wouldn't be able to safely let it out of my garage. I decided to take a more positive approach. I prayed earnestly in my heart that the Lord would let me just get it with my hand and take it out. I really wanted this little creature to make it out unharmed and this is the only way I could think of to make sure I didn't hurt it.

Lo and behold the little fella perched itself on the wires of my garage door opener above my car and it looked at me. I slowly climbed up on the hood of my car hoping not to scare it. I then climbed up slowly to the top of my car and it still stood there looking at me, not moving. Believe it or not I reached up past the garage door motor and it still did not move. I wrapped my hand around its little body and carefully pulled its tiny feet from the wire with my other hand. I was elated as I looked at the little guy just barely poking its head through my fingers. It was so small. I carefully climbed back down my car and walked outside and released it.

What a wonderful experience that was! I was thankful that God answered my prayer and I know that He cares about all of His creatures, even as tiny as a hummingbird. I know that anything that we ask of God is granted us, if it is expedient in Him.

I still remember peering into my closed fist at its tiny head and watching it look back at me. It was a beautiful iridescent green. I will never forget the feeling that as mindful as the Lord is of all His creatures, He is even quite mindful of little ol' me.

[Updated on: Sun, 29 July 2012 10:08]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: A Bottle of Medicine
Next Topic: New Shoes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 08:19:35 MDT 2024