Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Discuss Elliaison Books and Articles » The Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ » Who doeth Good Among Men? ("Good Intentions" might lead to "bad" results)
Who doeth Good Among Men? [message #749] Sun, 29 July 2012 02:16 Go to previous message
dimiwill
Okay, while I have not yet received the book, I would certainly be interested in everyone's interpretation of a few issues about the "Fullness of the Gospel". All responses and opinions are welcome.

The scriptures rightly emphasize the "Fulness" of the Gospel.

But - What does the following verse really suggest?
"D&C 35:12"
And there are none that doeth good except those who are ready to receive the fulness of my gospel, which I have sent forth unto this generation.

For me, it seems to suggest that until we are prepared to "receive the fulness", we are incapable of doing good, regardless of our "good intentions".

If my interpretation is correct, then what does "ready to receive the fulness" mean? What must we do to be ready to "receive"?

BTW - I did not actually link to the scripture on LDS dot Org because I am not permitted to link at this time.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Greater Than Gold
Next Topic: A Major Theme of the Book of Mormon - The Second Comforter Introduction
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 09:11:37 MDT 2024