Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Discuss Elliaison Books and Articles » The Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ » The Book in General (Discuss overall thoughts, questions, feelings and comments for this book. )
Re: The Book in General [message #2364 is a reply to message #2363] Sun, 07 April 2013 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
scootd28 is currently offline  scootd28
Amonhi,

Thanks for posting this is such a way as to protect my identity, but I have no problem with anyone knowing that it was from me - especially as I offered it constructively. To further clarify, it seems to me that if the purpose of the book is to get people (who are already comfortable with the structure, curriculum and unquestioning agreement with church leaders that they currently "enjoy") to open up and look beyond the correlated teachings and explore the mysteries on their own, then it might be a good idea to let them figure out on their own that there is a gap between what the correlated curriculum teaches and what Peter, Joseph, and Elders McConkie and Romney taught so openly - this rather than possibly alienating them so early in the book. By pointing it out up front, you (the collective "you") may lose those very people you are trying to reach. I'm very big on the idea that if, in my teaching, I alienate those I am trying to reach, I am ultimately an ineffective teacher. To be effective, I need to get the message across in a way that that they will be willing to receive it. Otherwise, I am simply unsuccessful.

Of course, I recognize the irony of criticizing the approach of a book that successfully helped my wife and I better understand the principles and lead us to explore more deeply these promises. May I express, then, my appreciation of the efforts of Elliaison, and we do look forward to the next publication.

In all sincerity

Scott

Men are that they might have joy.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message