Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Discuss Elliaison Books and Articles » The Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ » The Book in General (Discuss overall thoughts, questions, feelings and comments for this book. )
Re: The Book in General [message #2363 is a reply to message #14] Sun, 07 April 2013 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
I received the following negative feedback about the book. This is the first negative feedback that I have received...

Someone who liked the book gave it to his sister who didn't get past the introduction to the book. here is the account...

Quote:
I gave the Eliasson book to my sister. she read about 5 pages and said she would not read it. The reason is that in the beginning of it, it casts what I would call passive-aggressive dispersions on the church by saying that C&E should not be talked about, and that such is a brilliant design of Satan, the implication being that the Church itself (which doesn't talk about it) is complicit with this design.

She personally understands that the doctrine of C&E is certainly true, but she is immediately turned off by the implied but not overt criticism of the Church. I occurs to me that the book might be more effective, reaching more people, if especially this were stated differently.

Why am I sharing this? Just sharing an insight that the group might want to take into consideration.

In the introduction to the book there is a section that talks about why the doctrine is not discussed openly and how Satan spreads lies that prevent people from sharing their experiences or testimonies or speaking from first hand experience like we do with gaining testimonies or other faith building experiences. She seems to be saying that the Church does not openly talk of this doctrine and so is being implicated as in league with or influenced by the Devil and his doctrines. So, she decided not to read the book any further.

I am willing to guess that she has heard the doctrines that that section of the book is trying to dispel and possibly from leaders in the church at some level and is buying into them. In which case, just as the book points out, Her ears are stopped so that she will not hear from those who know from firsthand experience. And the result is that she will misses out on the information that has helped so many to receive the promises for themselves.

And yes, that information is found in the church. I found it in the church. But it is hidden for the seekers to find.

And the Elliaison's did a good job using those church accepted references where people did talk about it.

I am also reminded of the quote by Joseph Smith on the back of the book which says, "Peter exhorts us to make our calling and election sure...These principles ought to be taught..."

Amonhi

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message