Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Other Special Experiences » The Gift of a Seer (An experience with talking to my dead...)
The Gift of a Seer [message #408] Mon, 28 May 2012 09:59 Go to previous message
Seeker is currently offline  Seeker
The following story happened about a year ago. It is an example of what it can be like to be a seer. To be a seer means to see the unseen and hear the unspoken. In this case, it was to breach the veil and commune with the spirits of the dead...

My Grandfather had been taken to the hospital. He was dying and had been revived once already. His wife, my Grandma, had died a number of years before after a difficult battle with Alzheimer's. My mother, his natural daughter, and my father went home to say their final farewells.

We, Mrs. Seeker and I, had been invited to go as well. We were strongly considering it and had the following thoughts...

• He is drugged up and in and out of consciousness and so not really open to a good discussion.
  • He has his immediate family present and they need to say good bye more than we do. So he will spend his time with them anyway.
  • It will be easier to talk with him after he dies because he will be more coherent and available. This was a conclusion made based on previous experience.

Based on these things we decided not to go see him.

After making the decision not to go, I realized that I hadn't talked with Grandma, his wife, since she died years before. So, I immediately asked her how she was doing. We had the following conversation:

Quote:
Seeker Hey Grandma, how are you doing?
Grandma Not well!
Seeker Really, why?
Grandma I am upset!
Seeker Oh?
Grandma Grandpa remarried and she's a hussy and a "floozy".
Seeker Do you really mean that?
Grandma Well, she not so bad, it's just that I spent a lot of time making sure that my estate was going to be given to my children and posterity and grandpa is messing everything up!
Seeker What do you mean?
Grandma - Well, grandpa is changing everything we did and I really don't like what he's doing! Now I can't stop him!
Seeker Ouch, that really sounds frustrating!
Grandma When he gets here, I'm gonna have words with him. He's got another thing com'n.
Grandma It's my stuff/junk and I want it to go to my kids! If they don't want it, that's their problem, and they can get rid of it themselves, but I want to give it to them! It will mean something to them. That was the arrangement Grandpa and I made and that's what I want to happen!
Grandma I don't know that it'll do much good, But I need you to tell him to stop it!
Seeker Um, you want me to tell him that I spoke with his dead wife and she said don't change the estate plans, your messing everything up? How well do you think that will go over?
Grandma Well, you've got to do something...
Seeker ok, ... How about if I talk to my mom and tell her that you're not happy with changes to the estate that Grandpa is making and ask her if she will find a way to pass the word on to Grandpa. She is there and visiting with him maybe she can find a way to tell him that isn't too uncomfortable or awkward.
Grandma Well, it'll have ta do. Thanks...
(Then grandma went back to worrying and being generally displeased...)

So then I called my Dad's Cell Phone. (My mom doesn't have a cell phone.) My dad answered and I told him that Grandma was displeased with the changes Grandpa was making to the will. He said, "You'd better tell your mother" and handed the phone to her.

I told her that Grandma was displeased with the changes Grandpa was making to there Will and Estate plans. (I didn't know they had setup a trust, just that how it was being handled had changed.) And we had the following conversation:

Quote:
Mom - "Who told you?"
Seeker Grandma did. I hadn't talked with her for so long and with Grandpa dying, I wondered how she was doing and so asked her and she was very focused on what Grandpa was doing with their estate. She also called his new wife a Floozy! :/
Mom Well, let me tell you. We just left the hospital to get some lunch. While at the hospital we found out that Grandpa had called in a lawyer to change the trust that manages their estate. His new wife is old and won't be around very long and he wants the estate to take care of her until she dies. After she dies, everything is supposed to go to Grandma & Grandpa's children.
Seeker Well, that seems to sound like a nice idea, but Grandma is very displeased with the changes that are being made. She said she's "gonna have words with him". Anyway, if you get a chance, could you pass on the message to Grandpa that Grandma isn't pleased? I told her I would tell you and see if you could let Grandpa know.
Mom What am I going to say, "My son was talking to your dead wife and he says that she is really upset with the changes you're making to the trust...
Seeker Yeah. I told Grandma the same thing. Is there a way you can bring it up without sounding crazy?
Mom Well, I will be in some of the discussions as the trust is being changed. I'll see what I can do.

So, my mom told her father that Grandma made her final arrangements and plans and that it was disrespecting her to change them. She also said that Grandma wanted her stuff to go to her children. The children didn't want to make it about the money or about who gets what, they wanted to focus on Grandpa and his dying wishes. The end result, as far as I know, is that Grandpa gave everything they owned, (which was quite substantial in the form of bank accounts, real estate, and personal property), to his new wife to take care of her till she died and when she died it went to her children from previous marriages. I don't think Grandpa and Grandma's children got any of the things Grandma wanted to go to her children.

I spoke with Grandma and Grandpa after they died. Grandma said smiling with a playful jab, "Oh, I had words with him..." And Grandpa skirted the issue in the way he does when he doesn't want to talk about something. lol

Before this experience, I knew nothing of the trust or that Grandpa was changing anything. I hadn't seen or even talked to Grandpa for many years. (Not really close to my extended family.) I might have heard that he got remarried, but certainly had forgotten about it and never met the new wife.

The story above isn't complete or exact. More rushed and simplified. It was a bit more complex with more interactions, but what I have shared is accurate and detailed enough.

AshleyB,

Don't be afraid of your gift. It will come very naturally and will require a significant amount of faith which you must have already or the Lord would not have given you such great dreams and promises.

As we begin to breach the veil, we have to face a few things. The first is that you have to face the fact that it is real. It is one thing to believe in a theory, or even talk about it in church classes as if it were real. It is another thing entirely when you experience it for yourself and it enters the real world. Into your real world! When things become real we often become afraid and close our eyes to it. Like babies who think that if they can't see it then it doesn't exist. This is part of the unbelief that makes he veil so strong.

Another thing you may experience is that up until now it has been someone else, not you. It has been the prophet or scriptures or some person in history. Now it's you. You're the seer, or a seer. You are the one that scriptures will be written about. The question is, what will your story be like? Will it be a Jonah type story or a Brother of Jared type story? You get to decide how the story will be told. I look forward to reading it. Wink

Seeker

~ Seeker

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message